Chapter 15

Adelaide

"Well?" Dominic said. "My father was the one who whipped my back, but I was the one who cut my arms and thighs" I sad with my head held high, I'm not letting anyone look down at me anymore, the least I can do is die with a little pride. "why would your father do that?" he asked, his expression didn't change and he didn't ask why I did it to myself. "I got caught running away," I answered.

"why were you running away?" why, why and why! God! How annoying can he be! I could feel my sassy side coming out, my period is probably on its way, could it get worse?. "I'm sorry to break it to you Dominic, but finding out I am to marry the so-called 'God of war' isn't something I would be happy about" my eyes widened, oh no! did I just say that? Yeah, I am so dead.

"and I hate to break it to YOU, Adelaide. But I wasn't very fond of marrying the person I despise the most daughter. I guess that makes us even, does it not?" He answered. "You had a choice! If you didn't want to, you could've said no! I couldn't! " I yelled at him. "It was either marrying you or slaughtering the whole kingdom, would you like that more? I can take you back and do that instead, if you want. But I will have to slaughter you with all of them, just to be fair you know" he said.

"You'll kill me anyway" I answered. "And what makes you think that?" He leaned back in his chair with his hands rubbing behind his neck. "As you mentioned before, I am the person you despise the most daughter, why wouldn't you kill me?" For the first time since I met him, his expression changed, and he smirked. "Indeed, why wouldn't I?" He stood up and left the room.

Only seconds went by, when the maid came inside smiling at me. "Was D, just smiling or was that my imagination?" She asked and pointed the way Dominic just left. D? A maid calling her king with such familiarity is quite odd, that must be how they speak in this kingdom. Even my father's wife calls him majesty.

"I've never seen a maid call her king by his name or nickname before" I said. She began laughing "I'm so sorry my queen, I probably should've introduced myself before. I am Alexandra Alsvera, Dominic's cousin. Nice to meet you" she shook my hand. "nice to meet you too," I said, feeling a little embarrassed for calling her a maid. "I'm sorry for thinking you were a maid"

She smiled brightly. "you're a queen, Adelaide, if I may call you that. You can call me whatever you want. I never expected the princess of sun to be so polite! I honestly expected a spoiled bitch, I was kinda looking forward to making your life a hell, but here you are, all innocent and sweet, eghk all my plans ruined" she kept blabbering about her expectations of me, and told me about their kingdom. I was listening to her. "Well come on! Let me show you around! You'll love it"

I stood up and felt the pain hit me again, I almost forgot all about my wounds. I placed my hands on the table to balance myself. "oh shit! Sorry, Adelaide, I forgot you were badly hurt, here take my hand" she walked me over to the bed. I laid down, she didn't let go of my hand. "why don't you rest today too, I will give you your tour tomorrow, I promise" she caressed my hand. I was on the verge of crying. She was so kind. "thank you so much Alexandra" she smiled. "no worries. Sleep tight"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter