Chapter 32

Adelaide

"p-please!" "I'm sorry" "i shouldn't have...please" I woke up to Dominic talking in his sleep. Should I wake him? "PLEASE DONT! PLEASEEE!!" he starts yelling and... Crying? Terror overtook his face. I got up on my knees. "Dominic, Dominic. Wake up" I gently shook his shoulder. "Domi...aghkk" in a second he had his hand around my neck squeezing. I couldn't breathe. "D-Dominic, it's me" he abruptly let go. "Adelaide, shit! Fuck! Baby Are you okay" he caressed my neck. "I am alright" i whisper, afraid he might hear the fright in my voice.

"Dominic, you're crying. Are you okay?" a tear left his eye. "yeah just a bad dream. I'm sorry I woke you, go to sleep" he held the blanket open for me to lie down again. When I laid down he got up from the bed. "where are you going?" He didn't look at me. "I am just going to get some fresh air" his voice is raspy. Before he leaves i grab his hand. "You don't have to go. I will hold you till you fall asleep. I promise" i say.

I know everything about having bad memories haunting me in my sleep. He lets go of my hand and sits down at the edge of the bed. He put his head in his hand and lets out a shaky breath. I crawl on the bed over to him. I sit beside him and move my hand back and forth on his back trying to calm him down.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He leans his head on my shoulder. "My mother killed herself," he says and i go completely still in shock. He laughs a humorless laugh while tears stream down his cheeks. "i need a fucking drink" he gets up. "no, Dominic. You need to talk" I take his hand and when he sits down I gently push him down on the bed making him lie down. I cover him with the blanket and he takes my hand and drags me down to him.

I put my arms around his waist and my head on his chest. We lay like that for a long time. "my mom killed herself because of me..." he hugs me a little tighter. I don't say anything, just waiting for him to keep talking. "my father had an affair,qq when I found out I just lost it. And I told her. Everyone told me not to, they knew she loved him with all her heart, I knew she loved him with all her heart and I still did it. She couldn't handle the betrayal, so she threw herself off a cliff" oh my God!

"it wasn't your fault Dominic. You can't put the blame on you. You told her the truth." he laughed again. "you don't fucking understand! I knew she would kill herself! I fucking knew! But I wanted to hurt my dad for what he did, so I fucking told her" he started crying. "why the fuck did I tell her?! I broke everything and everyone. I broke my father, my brother, myself, everyone".

Brother? I didn't want to ask about his brother, maybe he killed himself too. So I crawled further up his body and put his head in my neck. I wiped his tears and caressed his hair "shhhhh you're going to be okay. Shhh" I keep caressing his hair. He grabs me by the waist and drags me down so my face is in front of his. He kisses me gently on the lips. "thank you, Adelaide. let's sleep". "goodnight," I say. He kisses me again and hugs me closer to his body. That night I couldn't fall asleep again. I couldn't believe what he had had been through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter