Chapter 20

Adelaide

"You thought he was gonna kill you?" Alexandra asked. We've been sitting on my bed since we got back from the forest. I was telling her about what happened. "Yeah, I had my eyes closed and then suddenly I heard his sword and when I looked he had it in his hand. What was I supposed to think?" I answer her.

I was too embarrassed to tell her I had my eyes closed because I thought he was going to kiss me, I don't even know why I closed my eyes I should have shoved him away. "Everything else except him killing you? Why would he kill you?" She asks. I shrug, why would my father treat me like he did, why would everyone treat me like they did? There was no explanation, so I didn't really question it.

"Adelaide, honey I've known Dominic since birth, he is like a brother to me, he would never hurt you or anyone else for that matter, unless you've done something, then you're probably screwed." I haven't done anything except being born, I guess that is my punishment. "I'm kidding honey! You haven't done anything wrong so relax okay? When he loves someone he gives it his all, I promise" she says.

When I hear the word love I stiffen. Love? I don't think that man is capable of love, I should stop judging him. But if my own blood couldn't love me why would a stranger? " I am not loveable, Alexandra" I answer her. I feel tears spilling. "oh Adelaide," she says and hugs me. We sat hugging in silence for minutes. She is so kind, I never expected someone from polemperie to be so kind.

Knock knock! We both move away from each other and look at the door. "come in" I say. Dominic walks in. I gulp. "Alex, can I talk to Adelaide alone for a second?" he asks Alexandra. I never expected a king to ask for permission but here he was asking Alexandra. She nods and gets up. She looks at me with a sad expression and walks out.

He walks over to the window and looks out without looking at me. Am I supposed to say something? "tomorrow you will be crowned as queen" okay... I was just about to ask about further information when he said "which means tomorrow we will get married, officially. Do you understand what I am saying?" he finally turns around to meet my eyes.

"y-yes I think so" I answer. "you think so or do you understand? It is a black or white question." he says. What isn't here to understand? God! He is complicated. "I'm sorry your majesty but I don't think I understand stand what you want me to understand " I answer. My hands are sweaty, I try to dry them by running them over my dress. "how many times do I have to fucking tell you, dont call me your majesty. I'm your fucking husband" he says calmly but aggressive. I can't explain it.

He sighs."it means tomorrow you will lose your virginity," he said. I felt my face heat in an instant. "oh" I say. I don't know how to answer. I knew that this was gonna happen but I guess after all the resting I forgot. Tomorrow? I am not ready at all.  God, I don't want to! How can I avoid this?? Okay, Adelaide! You can do this! It's not bad! He is handsome! He is nice, sort of.

Dominic interrupts my thoughts. " I suppose you already know how? Your folks did tell you? Right?" he asks. Actually no they didn't, but I knew a little from working in the kitchen and listening to the maids. It did not sound like something I would want! "y-yes" I answer. I did not want this talk with him! Besides, I think I know enough. He lets out a loud long breath. "thank God! Well, I will leave you now, someone will get your stuff to our room later. See you tomorrow" he says. Our? Oh God this is not good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter