❝Big News❞

My heart was pounding as the call ended. I couldn't believe what I had heard.

   I had landed the roll of Michelle in the new 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' movie.

   I suddenly became a giddy child again as I placed the land line down and paced quickly through my empty apartment.

I picked up my phone from my bedside table and began to dial my most used number. Josh.

The line rang for a while until the sweet voice of a well known friend picked up.

"Z? It's eight o'clock is everything alright?" He said sarcastically. He knew I never woke this early.

"Well, apart from the fact I just landed a role in the new Spider-Man movie, yeah I'm great" I chuckled behind the line.

There was silence for a moment and I began to wonder whether or not he had heard me right, until I heard the painful screech.

"Oh my god queen you roll!!" He yelled down the phone, sending me into a small roll of laughter.

"Get your ass around my place we're celebrating!" I smiled to myself. There was yet another silence on the line.

"Josh?"

"Yeah, Uh, Z I can't do tonight.." he said a little sheepish.

"What? Friday nights our night what are you talking about?" I said a little hurt.

I heard him sigh. "Well, me and Camilla were kinda set up on a date.. Sooo-"

"Oh you mean the chick that's been worshipping the ground you walk on since like fifth grade" I giggled.

"Hey just wish me some luck, ok" I could feel him smiling.

"Good luck, doofis" I smiled. Without a goodbye, the call had ended. It didn't hurt me as much as expected, Josh had been missing our Friday night hang out sessions for a couple of weeks now. I kinda had the feeling we were growing apart.

   I placed my phone down gently on the bed and opened my closet to get changed.

— x —

   It's been exactly two hours since the call and already names were swarming around the papers.

   I saw my own name, but I also saw Toms too. I knew Tom Holland vaguely, we'd met maybe once or twice at small conventions, but this was kicking off both our careers.

I had a message from the producer, saying that we had a meeting in a day or two in London, Toms home town.

I had already started packing out of excitement.

To kill some time of the day, I headed down the star bucks to get my usual coffee and I had already been swarmed by cameras and photographers.

I'd had this before, vaguely, but not this bad. I couldn't imagine what this was gonna be like for Tom.

I rushed inside, leaning against the door as I entered, catching my breath before heading to the counter.

"Hey can I take you- Oh my gosh your Zendaya!" The woman at the counter top almost yelled through the cafe.

I could feel all eyes burning into my back as I stood there in embarrassment. I rolled my eyes quickly, darting our of the cafe before anyone could grab me.

I loved my 'job', but boy was it a lot to handle. I pulled my coat across my waist and quickly paced down the street. If I couldn't get star bucks, then there was one other place I could go.

   I rounded the corner and quickly headed into the small corner shop, 'Louses'. The shop looked empty for a moment, until the small lady I knew came to the counter.

   "Ah, my favourite customer! What can I get you my dear?" She smiled. Everything about her could brighten anyone's day.

   "My usual, please" I smiled. She nodded gently and walked back into the kitchen.

   I took a seat at one of he small tables in the corner of the shop and opened my phone to take a look on Instagram.

   It was normal I had messages and notifications from a friends, but when I opened my phone I got something slightly different.

   'TomHolland2013 wants to send you a message'

   I shrugged and unlocked the notification which sent me straight to Instagram.

   "Hey, Zendaya, it's Tom. Heard we were working together and just wanted to say hey 👋"