❝Homesick For The Real❞

"So, you got any plans until the party?" Tom asked as he finished his drink, discarding it to the side and leaning back down on the table.

"Do you have something in mind?" I asked. This boy really had it in for me. I mean, challenging me? Sure, it was a Holland thing or whatever but... Maybe he's not who I thought he was. And I never said that was a bad thing.

"I was asking because I've got no clue" he chuckled, his smile lighting up the room. Tom was like someone I hand't seen before. He had his imperfections, but when they dissipated everything about him just shone through, like sun on a diamond.

"Don't they have a pool back at the hotel?" I asked, biting the inside of my lip as I thought back to when we were showed around. I remember them vaguely mentioning one?

"I think so. Why?"

"Well that's my plans for the rest of the night, your on your own now, Holland" I said with a smirk, getting up from table and taking our empty cups to the trash, Tom close on my tail. We left the cafe and made our steady way's back to the Hotel, talking the whole time.

Arriving back at the hotel, I sent a Tom a small wave before jogging back up to my room. Walking through my hallway, I tilted to head. Like I usually would, glancing around the large and well decorated room. But then I saw him. The one person I've been running from since that night. The one person I only see when I'm so alone and so afraid I feel like I'm falling down into a bottomless pit.

I froze in my spot, his dark eyes staring at me. My heart thumped against my chest and I found myself struggling to breath, he constant reality of the fact I couldn't catch my breath. My legs began to weaken as my knees began to shake, my hands sticking together as sweat gathered on my forehead.

The room was spinning. Faster and faster to the beat of my heart. He was getting closer to me, without moving he was coming. Slowly, but surely he was gaining. His hands grabbed my skin and it burned, an ice cold chill running down my spine as I wanted to scream but nothing came out. I wanted to close my eyes and wake up in someone else's arms, but even when I tried it didn't work.

It felt like he was taring my apart, limb by limb he discarded me into the pit. His demonic tone drowning out every sound in my head, his grip tightened as his teeth grazed me skin.

"Hold her still!" Tony yelled as came back to my senses. My arms were pressed down heavily against the cold marble floor as people were surrounding me, but I couldn't see their faces. Their monotone was slurred and I couldn't make out a work they were saying. My legs and arms were pinned down to the ground and I tried to lift my head but it was too painful. But then there we He was! Standing over me!

It stopped to the sound of the lift reaching my floor. My hands were gripping the handle tightly as my breathing slowed and my eyes opened. I pulled my sticky hands from the metal, glancing down at them in shock. The metal was lightly dinted in a small handprint shape. I... did that?

I darted from the lift as the doors opened and ran down the hallway. My legs felt heavy, barely being able to carry my own pain or feet and my arms swing to the rhythm of them lifting. The key card slipped from my fingers multiple times as I attempted to open to the door. Finally, I got in, slamming the wooden frame behind me.

I took a minute to breath, telling myself that I was alright and that I was safe from... Whatever that was. But no matter how much I tried I still felt uneasy. My hands were still sticky and there was sweat running down my back.

A piece of paper in the corner of my eye grabbed my attention. I could make out the writing from a distance, but soon found myself walking over to it.

"Hey Z, me and the others have gone shopping for the party tonight, hope your coming! See you soon! Love, Laura"

I smiled as I picked up the small and neat piece of paper. I looked around the room, remember I was supposed to be down at the pool and rushed over to my drawers to grab my costume.

A gentle smile pulled at my lips as I saw Tom gingerly walking towards the pool. I, myself had been waiting for a couple of minutes, my hair in a tight bun and my feet swinging in the water.

"Took your time" I smirked as he noticed me at the side of the pool. He rolled his eyes and I stood up to join him. "Ready?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I b-"

"Good" I said before swinging him to the side and placing him in front of me. We stood a little close for comfort for a while. I could feel his breath of my cheeks as our eyes met before we scanned each other's faces. I smirked, breaking tension and pushing him back into the water.

He came up after a while, shaking his head as water flew everywhere.

"Zendaya! I wasn't ready it's freezing!" He chuckled.

"You said be my opposite" I shrugged before diving in next to him.