❝All Truth, No Lies❞

I came up from beneath the water, my hair clinging to the side of my neck as Tom came into view. I smiled gently before a wave of water came rushing towards me. I was drenched to the core already, but that just some what made it worse.

I flipped Tom off with a giggle as he acted shocked. There was still a pain in my chest as we swam around for a while, fake smiles appearing on my lips every time it felt necessary, and soon Tom began to notice.

"Alright, what's up?" He asked as he jumped up onto the pool side. I furrowed my brows as I floated in the middle of the pool.

"I don't know what your-"

"Z, come on. You've been uneasy all day" he sighed, running a hand through his wet hair. My eyes trailed down to my hands beneath the water, my fingers fiddling together gently. He slipped down into the water as I swam over to him gently.

"You can't tell anyone" I sighed, still avoiding eye contact with him. I saw him nod gently from the corner of my eye. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath before I told him my darkest secret.

"I... I keep having panic attacks.." my eyes came up to meet his. Despite the fun we were having, the colour soon drained from his cheeks and my heart pounded against my chest. He just stared at me for a moment.

I looked down again before I felt his strong arms wrap around me, his hands gently grazing my sides as his chin rested on my shoulders. I pulled my arms up slowly, placing my hands on his shoulders and my arms resting against his back. I could help but let a whimper escape my lips as tears flooded down my cheeks. He shushed me gently, calming me down as he rubbed my back gently. The motion of his hands was soothing and small goosebumps rose on my arms.

"Thank you" I whispered. I felt him smile, all though I couldn't see him. He let me go gently, and I let him float backwards slowly.

"How long has it been going on?" He asked just above a whisper.

"Just over a month" I swallowed. Tom nodded gently. It was like a burden on my chest and it hurt. I hated the pity that people gave me. I didn't deserve it.

"Have you told anyone?"

"No..."

"Shouldn't you?"

"..."
"No..."

"Zendaya-"

"Tom! Please!... Don't.." I placed my hands over my eyes, taking a deep breath before getting out of the pool.

"Zendaya Wait" Tom got up from the pool, taking me by the arm and forcing me to go stop. I turned round to look at him slowly.

"Let me help you" He asked. His brown eyes are the one thing I couldn't refuse. He looked so kind and gentle. My mind was screaming to let him in, but there were others that told me different.

"Tom, I-"

"Please.."

I sighed, biting the inside of my lip.

"Just because of the deal" I tilted my head slightly. Being myself, I would have said no, allowing my insecurities to devour me slowly. But, because we made a deal and we shook on it! I had to say otherwise.

"Ok" he smiled, letting go of my arm gently. I pulled him into a hug. I just needed someone to embrace at that point in time. I didn't care who it was, I just needed someone.

"You alright?" He asked, bracing me as we swayed in a slow and peaceful motion. I clenched my eyes shut, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah. Thank you, again"

"No problem"

By he time I reached my hotel room, Laura was ready and waiting for me on the bed.

"Laura? Wow you look amazing!" I smiled, placing the key card on the table.

"Where have you been?" She asked a little worried, an expression of angst on her cheeks. I furrowed my brows.

"I... I was down at the pool? Is everything alright?"

"Didn't you hear?"

"Obviously not.."

"It's my dad. He's... in hospital" her eyes flooded with tears and some had already spilled down her cheeks. I rushed over to her, wrapping her tightly in my arms as she sobbed down into my shoulder. 

It turns out that Laura's dad had been in an accident back home, and she had only just found out the news.

"I'm not going to the party"

"If your not going then-"

"No, Z, please go" she smiled, her eyes red and puffy and her lips slightly purse and chapped. I placed a hand on her cheek and rubbed it gently.

"There's no convincing you is there?"

"No" she giggled, her cheeks still damp with droplets. I sighed with a gentle smile on my face before embracing her again. If I'm going to this party, then I better get ready.

Arriving at the party was enough to settle me for the rest of the night. The room was pretty tightly concealed with people. I didn't see anyone I knew, until Jacob came into sight.

"Zendaya! How's Laura?" He asked, apparently already becoming aware of the news. I shrugged.

"She's alright, but she's staying up at the room for tonight" I smiled weakly. He nodded, handing me a drink which I kindly took.

"Tony and Tom should be here soon" Jacob took a sip of his drink as he looked down at his phone. I nodded with a smile, the music slowly drowning out the under thoughts and feelings that were rushing through my mind. I couldn't wait for this night to be over.