❝Not So Alone❞

I looked around an empty plane, coming to a realisation that I must have fallen asleep. I nodded, swallowing gently and she smiled, helping me up from my seat as I was a little shaken up. I cursed inside my head, I hated people seeing me this way.

   I took my steps steady as I jogged down the planes stairs. I came to the bottom, looking back up to the plains door way, making sure I hadn't left anything behind.

   I felt a hand touch my shoulder and spun around a little too quickly. My feet got tangled and I almost fell to my knees, before someone caught me.

I flicked my hair out of my eyes, looking up to meet matching brown eye's and short strands of brown hair.

   "You ok?" The person chuckled lightly. I nodded, embarrassed. I got back onto my feet and dusted myself down. The person held out their hand.

   "It's Tom" he smiled. I took his hand, wanting to face palm myself at my stupidity.

   "Oh my gosh Tom! I'm so sorry" I giggled, brushing a hand through my hair. He laughed a long, releasing the tension a little.

   "I don't blame you, we haven't really met properly yet" he shrugged "I'm here to pick you up as we're sharing the hotel, the guys forced me to pick you up" he sighed, shoving his hand into his pocket and leaning in his foot gently.

   "Hey, i'm not that bad!" I giggled.

   Here Tom was, he'd come out of his way to come and get me and I was a hot mess! I was so embarrassed.

   "Thank you so much" I sighed with a gentle smile. He nodded and gestured me to follow him.

   "Your bags are already at the hotel, the plane landed like twenty minutes ago you know?" He said, looking over his shoulder to me. I blushed.

   "Yeah, I-Uh, fell asleep" I bit inside of my lip, following him down the long Outland of plane runways and fork lift trucks. He smiled back over his shoulder and soon we reached the car.

   The seats were a pale leather and the interior of the car was overall just stunning. I sat myself down on one of the leather seats, feeling completely out of place.

   "Not to over do it, but.." Tom sighed a little, looking a little baffled as he sat down on the seat opposite me. I shrugged with a smile.

   The car ride was particularly boring, however I did get to know Tom a little better. He told me about how he found out about the role he had received while completely shitting his dog up in the process. It made me smile and I was thankful that he bought me that.

   We arrived at the hotel within the hour and boy was it fancy. I couldn't feel more out of place. We wandered through the empty lobby pretty quickly and Tom showed me to my room. He was being so nice, it felt like I was on another planet compared to the people I shared a social life with at home.

   "Me and Jacob are just down the hallway" He smiled, his hair drifting over his eyes gently. I nodded, shoving my hands into my pockets with an awkward tense. Tom wasn't really my type, but even from a far you could tell he was a heart throb for most girls. I was just glad i'd made a new friend.

   We stood there for a moment in a little more awkwardness before Tom's phone began to ring. He gave me a quick smile, shaking his phone awkwardly before I headed into my hotel room. It was huge! I had a balcony, a queen sized bed, an on suite. I felt so lucky.

   My bags were already placed in the corner of the room. I walked over to them slowly, picking up my heavy suitcase and laying it down on the bed. It opened without a problem as it was heavily packed. The clothes I had packed smelt fresh and were cold from being tucked inside a plane for a while. I just wanted to bury myself deep within them and sleep the jet lag away.

   ✾

"Tom stop!" I yelled playfully as he continued to flood my camera roll with selfies. I finally grabbed my device and tucked it away beneath me so that he couldn't reach it.

   We were gathered out in a small restaurant in LA for a 'meeting'. More or less a get together meal. For now, it was just me, Jacob, Tom and Laura who I had found was very sweet. We were getting along like a house on fire, I may have found me new best friend. Well, my new few best friends.

Tom and Jacob were just being dorks and honestly it was nice to have a smile on my face. I hadn't had my smile for a while and it was comforting to have it back.

"So, Zendaya, tell us a bit about yourself" Jacob smiled, turning his attention towards me.

"Dude you sound so old" Tom cracked up into a laughing fit, making both me and Laura smile. Jacob however just gave Tom a stare before turning back around.

"Eh, I was a Disney Kid, so there isn't much to know" I shrugged, taking a sip of my drink.

"Oh come on that sounds awesome!" Laura said, poking me a little. I giggled, placing my drink down and drawing in the small droplets of condensation with my finger.

"Honestly guys, i'm not that interesting" I smiled, looking back and forth between them. They silenced with disbelief.

"What about you Laura, tell us something about yourself" I smiled, turning to face her. She shrugged and began to talk a little about herself. She seemed really confident. They all did. It was nice to finally have a group of friends.