❝Im Intoxicated❞

Nothing really happened in the few moments we spent alone, and I woke in a bed without Tom beside me. My mouth was dry and my fingers were damp with sweat as I lifted my head, feeling sweat roll down the skin of my neck as I looked around the room.

The clock wall read 3:30, which meant Tom was released half an hour ago. Did he really leave without me?

My question was answered quickly as finger poked me gently. I spun my head to the side, seeing Tom seated next to me.

"Good afternoon" he rolled his eyes and stood up, holding his leather jacket, now fully changed.

"Fuck off I was comfy" I groaned but with a smirk, sliding off the bed, my black converse hitting the marble floor with a thud.

"Come on, Jacob wants us back at the hotel" he smiled, holding out his hand. I looked at it for a moment, then back at him. He gave me a confused look, to which I then took his hand gently, intertwining our fingers as we walked out of the hospital room.

Tom signed out, still holding my hand, and we tracked down an Uber to take us back to the hotel. We took a seat on a close wall where cigarettes were often smoked as we waited for the car to arrive. I knew this due to the obvious ends all over the floor. Tom sat next to me neatly, taking a deep breath. There was a few minutes of silence. Not awkward. But peaceful.

"Can I ask you something?" Tom broke the silence, bouncing his knee against the concrete pavement.

"Go ahead" I smiled, glancing over at him. He didn't make eye contact with me, but I could see his teeth grinding against his bottom lip awkwardly.

"If Josh hadn't come in when he did... Would-" he took a deep breath "would you have kissed me?"

My I found my heart beating rapidly and heat rising to my cheeks. I went to speak but no words would come out. I was stuck. Completely and utterly stuck. In all honesty I didn't know. I was madly attracted to him, I knew that. But was it as a friend or more than that? Can you even be attracted to someone in a friendly way? I mean those lips sure looked tempting, but-

Toms gaze averted from my own and towards a parking car.

"That's us" he said with a shaky breath, pointing outwards. My eyes followed his hand, pointing to a black car which stopped swiftly on the pavement. I nodded, swallowing hard and stood up, following Tom into the leathered seated car.

Tom instructed the driver and told him our hotel address. The ride was competent silent and I don't think either of us moved from looking out the window. In all honesty I felt bad. I'm not big headed, but is Tom attracted to me? I've known him just over a month and yeah we've gotten close. But I didn't know that we were this close?

I've had this before though. Falling in love too quickly. It happened with a boy from my school. Worst day of my life. I admitted my feelings to him and he turned me down quicker than you could say the word love. I guess that's where my slow decent into depression began.

My thoughts came to a hold as the car pulled up. Tom paid the driver, turning my hand down as I reached into my pocket.

If I'm lucky enough to have someone like Tom, then I should just take this relationship by the reins.

As told walked around the car to join me at my side, I pulled him towards me quickly. I didn't know if it was a rush if Adrenalin or just the pure thought of it, but within seconds Toms face was close to mine once again.

"Yes" I whispered. Tom didn't move for a moment.

"What?"

"I would have kissed you" I smiled cheesily. I pulled him closer to me gently as his hand traced against my hip, my hand wrapping around his neck as our lips finally met. I couldn't tell if I had waited for this, but something was told me released me from waiting.

I pulled away slowly, a knot forming in my stomach as Tom stood a little stunned. My breathing was heavy and I didn't know what to do or say. Tom opened his eyes, looking into mine gently.

His eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips as he pulled me back once again, his head tilting slightly as he deepened the kiss. I didn't hesitate and allowed myself to fall deep into his intoxication.

"Tom!" I heard Jacob yell from behind us. I pulled away quickly, looking behind Tom to see Jacob standing in despair.

"Jacob it's not what-"

"It kind of is!"

Tom looked back at me.

We... Were in deep... DEEP... Shit.