❝Stand and Deliver❞

The day had passed over quickly as I spent most of it lounging around in my trailer. My fingers pushed and trailed against the dint in my chest to were my collar bone sat as I sat, listening to the antagonising tick tock of the wall clock spin.

I took a deep breath, my body relaxing further down into the couch. Tom said he'd be here at seven... It was seven fifty six. I'd been ready for well over two hours.

I scrolled through my phone every now and again, expecting something interesting to pop up and stun me with interest. But nothing did. So I continued to sit and wait. And wait. And wait.

My eyes would drift into a slumber from time to time but the sudden skip of my heart would wake me, a small noise maybe or a sudden jolt of movement outside the walls of the trailer. The sun was slowly setting over the hot pink sky and I figured if he was planning on being a no show I might as-well head back to my hotel room. So that's what I did.

I stood on the roughly white painted metal steps and pulled my keys out of my pocket, shutting the door slowly and locking it. Turning to the left I walked for a couple of minutes until receiving a phone call which I gladly ignored. Walking another ten minutes or so I reached my hotel, walking in through the atomic doors. And there he stood.

"Holland your over an hour late" I folded my arms, leaning on one foot as he turned to face me. A gentle smile spread across his lips as he walked over to me slowly.

"I know and I'll explain, just come on" he gestured me back out of the doors and out into the passing night sky, slowly scattered with burning stars.

"I had some... Errands to run" he shoved his hands into his pockets as I came to his walking pace.

"Errands?"

"Yeah, just some stupid stuff"

"Ok. Well, what's tonight all about anyways?" A tint of crimson rose to his cheeks as I asked him, making my chest flutter gently.

"Nothing really, just wanted to get out" and like butterflies caught in a net, they settled in my chest and it felt like another weight had been added. Was I really that unimportant?

We walked for a while longer, passing tall buildings and busy roads. Soon, we came to a dark field, only enlightened by small fairy lights which coated the fences down a narrow pathway.

I watched as Tom walked in front of me, myself close on his tail. The pathway ended as we came out into the top of a small hill, a bush accompanied by a large willow tree lit to the brim with even more dainty lights. If anything I'd say it was cliche.

"Ok? Did I miss something?" I giggled highly confused. He turned around on his heels to face me. His brown hair had tinted lights bouncing off the strands and his cheeks shone. Looking at it now, I could really see the Achne scars.

(AN: Fun lil fact, Tom actually does have little scars on his cheeks form achne 😘)

"Zendaya, your one of the most down to earth people I've met and seeing you so destroyed gets to me" he frowned, gripping the insides of his cheeks with his teeth. My heart sank as I registered his facial expression.

"You look so strong but on the inside I know your hurting. I know what it's like and I don't expect you to believe me. Neither do I expect you to open up to me, but if there's anything that I can do then I'll do it" he placed a gentle hand on my shoulder, shaking up my skin like a bolt of electricity.

His eyes looked so innocent, it was hard to tell if he was lying. I could at least be rational? I mean what if Tom was genuine?

"Just be a friend. That's all I really need right now" I smiled weakly, hands wrapping around his warm sides and connecting at his back. His head came down to rest on my shoulder as I pressed my ear against his. Listening to the sweet humming of someone else's heart beat was truly softening to the mind. Because mine always seemed to be skipping unnecessary beats.

His thumbs trailed circles around my hips, making my legs feel weak and my arms were forced to let go.

"I can be difficult and trust me when I say I know. So if that's how you feel I'm not gonna be mad"

"What? No, no! I want to help you" he protested against me.

"Remember the other night? When I asked you to stay?"

"Yeah..."

"Can we... Do that again some time. It's nothing personal! Just, me and my friend Josh were pretty close and being so far away from him I-"

"You don't have to explain"

"Thanks" I smiled. Having someone like Tom could mean so much and so little at the same time. He hadn't put a foot wrong since I met him, and it was starting to worry me. Because no one in this planet is that innocent.

Well well well I will allow you to be disappointed in me. I haven't updated in a shit long time and I'm so sorry! I've been super busy at home and honesty not have the motivation to write but I'm trying!

Luv you all and have a happy Merry Christmas! 🥰👋❤️🌟