❝Isolated❞

I wiped my mouth clean from what felt like so many lies. About not only myself but the people surrounding me who's heart they told had claimed to love me. Lies.

I sat up in bed, rubbing my hands along my cold arms as yet another knock came at the door. I cursed under my breath as I felt Toms leg graze against own, mentally face palming.

My skin shed it's warmth as I descended from the sheets and stumbled towards the door, opening it to reveal the one person I didn't want to see.

"Zendaya" the voice was stern. I straightened my manned and tried to look less 'I woke up five seconds ago'.

"Jon..."

He looked sorry. Like he was ready to apologise for something. My heart sank down to my stomach and my cold hands began to sweat.

"I've seen there have been a few... Incidents within the past couple of days"

I bit my bottom lip and looked down to my feet.

"Yes..."

"You do realise the consistencies for your actions"

"... Yes sir"

He took a deep breath, running his hand over my shoulder.

"I'm sorry" he whispered. He handed my a sheet of paper, my cheque. I wanted to cry but I didn't. He took his palm off my skin and made his way back down the hallway, leaving me with one last glance of guilt.

I took a step back and closed the door behind me, sliding down the wooden frame, my head leaning against it.

"Z? You ok?" Tom asked as he sat up in bed. I rolled my head against the door, shaking it gently.

"What's wrong?"

"I... Just lost my job..."

Tom left the white sheets and made his way over to me, upon reaching, wrapping his arms around me tightly and pulling my into his chest.

I cried for what felt like hours and yet it had only been a moment. Tom shushed me lightly, rocking me back and forth before pulling me into his lap, my legs wrapping around him tightly.

"It's gonna be ok" he whispered, pressing his lips to my ear.

"I'm not so sure it is anymore" I sniffed. I rolled my head further down into Toms shoulder, his grey shirt becoming black with tear stains. This was it. After two months I'd lost the one opportunity I had to make a living.

"I better start packing" I pulled away from Toms grip slowly, wiping my cheek. Toms hand found its way to mine and held my hand against my face.

"Please, Z. Stay." His eyes scanned my face as if he was looking for a reason to keep trying. I sighed, the lump in my throat becoming tighter.

"Why?"

"Because I need you"

I felt like the world stopped. Someone needed me? Of all people?

"Please..."

I bit my lip. I didn't know what to do or say. If I stayed I'd only be in the way, but Tom wanted me to. And if I went home... I'd be lost again.

"Ok" I whispered gently.

Another knock came to the door and Tom lifted me gently.

"Go run a shower, it'll make you feel better" he smiled, gripping the door handle lightly. I nodded, rubbing the back of my neck and walking gingerly to the bathroom.

After my shower I decided me and Josh needed to talk.

We'd been sat together in his hotel room for around ten minutes and neither of us had said anything.

"Ok, what I did was pretty shit"

"You think?" I scoffed, turning away from him slightly. He took a deep breath.

"I heard you got fired..."

"Yeah" I fiddled with my hands. Josh moved towards me slightly, to which I gave him a warning look and he sat still.

"Look, I know everything that I did yesterday was wrong and I can't take it back. I guessed you liked me back and when I found out you didn't I was angry"

"But what part of that was a good enough reason to almost ruin a vital friendship?"

"I.... I don't know"

"No, I know you don't, Josh! Because you think with your dick!"

Josh stayed silent for a moment. I pulled my jacket across me tightly and ran a hand through my hair, sighing heavily.

"I leave tomorrow" Josh turned to me again.

"I guess i'll see you in six months then"

"Wait? Your staying?"

"Yeah, Tom asked me to"

"So what if he jumped off a bridge you'd do it too?"

"First of all, get fucked! Second of all, i'm not following him, so that 'quote' doesn't count!"

"You'r acting like a child!"

"I'm acting like a child? Why don't you just run along now Josh because trust me, your not wanted around here!" I got up and walked towards the door quickly. Before my hand reached the handle, a firm grip tightened around my arm.

"Zendaya I am begging you!"

"Get the fuck off of me" I said in a low tone. I pushed Josh's arm away, his grip loosening as I pulled my arm towards me and opened the door.

"Asshole" I whispered under my breath as I strolled down the hallway. My feet were slamming heavily on the ground as I rounded the corner and down the stairs to the third floor. I wrapped my arms tightly over my chest as I paced, looking around the cream coloured walls before reaching my hotel room.

I had to find something to do, I didn't exactly have a purpose here anymore.