❝Attack Of Panic❞

After my morning mayhem, I headed back to my apartment in a hurry. However, this nightmare was far from over.

After rounding the corner in the lobby, I was struck by lights and camera clicks and flashes, people yelling and screaming. My head felt like it was going to explode.

They were spinning. Everyone was spinning. It felt like I was sitting on a Ferris wheel with no conductor to stop the ride, even when I begged on my knees. That's when I felt a familiar hand wrap around my arm.

"Zendaya!" My name was called. I opened my eyes to see my knees. I was kneeling on.. The floor? I looked up quickly to see Josh standing before me. I wrapped my arms around him, embracing him in a tight hug.

"Whoa, What's gotten into you?" He whispered gently. I realised our situation and quickly took to my feet, gesturing Josh to follow me as I made a dash for the elevator.

He followed me and shortly the doors closed.

"What's going on?" He asked calmly. I took a deep breath, brushing back my frizzy hair with my hand.

   "Z are you having more p-"

   "No, no, of course not" I smiled weakly. The disbelief in his eyes wasn't something I could push off easily and I could see he knew I was lying.

"Z if you are then-"

"Josh, I'm fine."

   The lift soon came to its destination and we headed down the hallway.

   "So what's up anyways? I thought you were with Camilla?" I said picking up my paste and wrapping my jacket around me again. It felt like a sudden chill had been brushed down the empty hallway.

   "Yeah she good and all but Z your my best friend" he stopped me, placing a hand over my chest. It warmed me slightly to know that he wasn't completely subduct in another girl. Not in that kind of way though. Ugh you get what I mean.

The short and sudden silence was broken by my phone vibrating in my coat pocket. I pulled it out slowly to see an unknown number was calling me.

Josh and I exchanged looks before I finally answered the call.

   "It's Jon!" I said in shock, almost dropping my phone in the process. Josh gave me a confused look before I turned my back to fine a better signal.

   "Hello?"
   "Hello, is this Zendaya?"
   "Speaking.."
   "Well, first of all congratulations on landing the role!"
   "Thank you!"
    "We have your screen test next week, can you make it in for say.. Tuesday?"
   "I'll see what I can do"
   "Great, we've booked you a hotel to stay in with the rest of the cast, you'll be here for a couple of months so make sure to pack"
   "I will and already have" I giggled down the line, Josh still stood there, utterly confused.
   "Alright, well good luck and we'll see you shortly"
   "Ok, see you soon" I pulled the phone away from my ear and pushed it back down into my pocket. I wanted to scream out of excitement.

   "Care to tell me what's going on?" Josh asked as we continued walking down the hall. I was completely star struck.

   "That was the director! Jon Watts!"

   "What?! Holy-" he was cut off by his phone ringing. He stopped in his tracks slowly as we reached my door.

   "What's up?" I asked, unlocking my black wooden door and pushing it open lightly. The faint sound of the door hitting the wall filled the small apartment.

   "It's Camilla, I better take this" he sighed and shrugged a little. I nodded, some what with disappointment.

   He strolled off down the hallway and I left him to 'do what he needed'. The apartment was cold with the winters chill and it didn't help that I'd left the heating off.

   I hurried to my bathroom and switched it on quickly, the sound of the heaters warming soothed my ears. All I needed now, was to do at least three months packing...

   So, it's initially been a couple of days since I last saw Josh, and now I wouldn't see him until I got home again. So I was kinda bummed about that.

   Boarding the flight was a nightmare and now I was thankful to have found my seat. I was alone on the front row of first class, surrounded by nothing but empty seats. There was a tightening in my stomach as I turned to look out the window. I hate flying.

   Soon, everyone had piled into their seats and even with an hours worth of boarding, there were still at least seven rows left empty. I gripped down onto the arms of the chair and tried to slow my breathing. I didn't want to make a mess on the plane.

   "All passengers, please fasten your seat belts. We're about to take off"

   What? When did we start moving?

   I quickly took my belts and clipped them together before leaning my head backwards and drowning out the noise with the sound of my own heartbeat. I feared it would struggle to keep me sain for the next how many hours.

   ✾

   It's been three hours. Three. Hours. It felt like three days. My head was pounding and my clothes were lathered with sweat.

   I looked around me before slowly undoing my seat belt. I stood from my seat and looked down the plain. There was.. No one here?

   "Hello?" I shouted down the long and twisted plane. It was like a dessert of empty seats.

   "Can I help you?" A voice from behind me sounded out. I spun round almost tripping over my feet. A flight attendant stood there, her hands wrapped nearly together. He uniform was a baby blue and she wore a small and petite hat on her head of hair.

I pondered on the question a moment before answering.

"What's going on?" I asked, my voice a little shaky.

She smiled. Then began walking towards me. Then I saw Josh again. I tried to run to him but she was holding me back. Then it started spinning. Fast and faster until-

"Ma'am!"

My eyes opened to see another flight attendant sitting in front of me, her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her straight, panting out of breath.

"We've landed, would you like a hand?"