❝The Art Of Lieing❞

I opened my hotel room door and walked in. The room looked overshadowed, with Toms room being so bright, mine looked more like a prison than a normal room.

I opened the curtains, the bright line of light shining over the neatly folded, crystal white bed sheets. I pulled my phone from my pocket, rubbing my dry eyes free from sleep and dialling Josh's number.

It rang for a while and there was still no answer, so with defeat I placed my phone down on the bed before slamming back down into it, running my hands through my hair. I lay my frail arms down on the sheets, letting my body relax. I felt cold. After being next to someone so warm for so long, there becomes a difference when they're not by your side anymore.

My thoughts were emptied and pulled away by the sound of my phone ringing next to my head. It made me jump at first, picking up the phone and checking to see who it was. To a nice surprise, I saw Josh's goofy face light up my screen. I pressed answer immediately.

The line was dead for a moment, waiting for a movement of some sort

"Hello?"

"He finally fucking answers" I giggled, lying back down the bed, putting my phone on loud speaker and placing it on my stomach.

"Hey fuck you, I've been ringing you all week and you haven't answered!" He bit back, but I knew he was joking although it may be true. Although I missed him, I had been avoiding him.

"Well I'm here now, wasn't there something you wanted to tell me?" I asked, playing with my hair and a smile on my lips.

"Oh yeah, I bought plane tickets to come see you!"

My heart stopped.

"What?! Josh are being serious??"

"You sound mad?"

"I'm out of my fucking mind when do you leave?" I smiled, sitting up with a toothy grin on my lips. He rummaged around down the line before he answered.

"Uhh, I leave tomorrow so I better get packing"

"Alright, see you soon?"

"See you soon, Z". I smiled at the nickname he had given me all those years ago, back when we were kids. He couldn't pronounce my name properly, so we just told him to use the first letter of my name, or occasionally he would call me Daya.

"Bye" I smiled, biting my lip and pulling my phone from my ear with a petite smile on my lips. The door began to knock as I plugged my phone into the wall.

"Who is it?" I yelled from across the room. The door opened to reveal Laura.

"Where have you been?" She asked a little flustered. "I've been up and down knocking all night, Z?"

"I... Uh..."

"She was at my place" Jacob stalled, walking in behind Laura. She wasn't convinced.

"Why?"

"She needed a friend, gee Laura" Jacob sighed. I gave him a confused look with wide eyes as Laura shrugged.

"I came to see if you would come to set with me today" Jacob asked, sitting down at the chair next to the drawers and mirror.

"Yeah, sure" I smiled, shrugging and looking back at Laura. She still didn't seem convinced. I rolled my eyes with a sigh walking over to her and placing my hands on her shoulders.

"Would I lie to you?"

"Yes, Z, you would and it worries me" she pushed my arms off her. She looked more scared than she did angry. I sighed, walking away from her, back towards the bed.