❝Neon Lights❞

I sat down at one of the many tables, being lucky enough to grab an empty one. I'd only had a few sips of the drink Jacob had given me and already my head was spinning and my stomach was churning.

I placed the drink down on the table and placed my head in my hands, listening to the sound of my heart beat. My eyes sting as the lids coated them. The visions of bright lights replaying in the darkness.

A hand tapped me on the shoulder and I looked up to see Jacob. He was averting his eyes between myself and someone sat opposite me. I looked over, my breathing becoming more calm and I settled in my seat.

"Thought you were gonna be a no show" I smiled. Tom rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his drink before looking around at the people dancing on the floor. So far it was just me, Jacob and Tom but apparently Tony was supposed to be joining us later.

I as cut off by my phone ringing in my back pocket of my ripped jeans. My eye brows furrowed as I took my phone out of my pocket. Josh's name lit up the screen and a smile came onto my lips. I tugged Jacob on the arm gently, gesturing to my phone before heading outside.

I leaned against the brick wall, my breath becoming distant clouds in the night sky as I placed the phone on my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey Josh, how are you?"

"Oh god it's so nice to hear your voice. I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm... Doing ok. Listen I'm at a party right now so.."

"Oh right, well, call me later?"

"Yeah, before I go, how's Camilla" I said with an open smile on my face.

"Don't even get me started" he chuckled from behind the line, making me smile.

"Well, I'll call you later and you can tell me all about it" I exaggerated.

"Yeah yeah"

"Alright, see you soon" I smiled before putting the phone down and rushing back inside. The cold breeze had made my arms numb and the warmth soon flourished my again.

Closing the door behind me, an all time favourite came flooding through the speakers.

"Hotter Than Hell".

It was cliche, and a really old song, but it still got my blood pumping. I glanced over at the boys, gesturing them to follow me as I added to the flooding on the dance floor. They rolled their eyes, exchanging glances before slowly trailing after me.

The song started slow, just a little bouncing around before the beat soon picked up and we were singing our hearts out through the neon lights and thick smoke.

An hour had passed and I was slowly loosening up. Jacob has trailed off somewhere with Tony shortly after he arrived, so it was me and Tom, sat alone at a table, drinks in our hands and listening to the slow beat of every song that played.

"How are you feeling?" Tom asked as he got a little closer to me, keeping his voice as low as possible. I gave a weak smile, a warmth growing in my chest at the fact he cared.

"I'm alright, thanks" I shrugged, slipping the last part of my drink before placing the empty glass down.

"You want another?" Tom asked, gesturing towards the emory glass. I exchanged looks between it and Tom, thinking about it for a moment. What's the worse that could happen.

"Alright then" I smiled.

Long story short, eight more glasses in and I'm pissed off my tits. Party's over and I'm still sat on the dance floor, leaning against the stage. Everyone's gone and yet, I can't find the strength to move. My hands are playing with each other, intertwining fingers as I groaned from the growing pain in my head.

"Really?" Tom chuckled, crouching down in front of me. His shirt was undone loosely, revealing his neck and some chest. I bopped him on the nose with a smirk, causing him to role his eyes.

He helped me up gently before sliding his hands under my legs and picking me up. At this point, I was out like a light, my head lolling backwards and Tom slowly carried me back to my apartment.

The next thing I remember he was asking me where my key card was, which I handed to him from my pocket. He opened the apartment door, helping me inside and placing me on the bed.

There was a message from Laura on my phone.

"Hey, Z. Staying at Tony's tonight, I've been taking up some space and feel you need your own. See you in the morning! ❤️"

I slammed my phone down on the bed, groaning as I ran my hands over my hot cheeks.

"Tom" I groaned, sitting up. He looked over at me from the door.

"Yeah?"

"Can Y*hic* You stay?"

"Uh... Sure?" He said a little awkwardly, walking back over. I used all my strength to muster myself to the top of the bed, lying down on the soft feather pillow. Tom sat next to me, be cautious not to touch me.

I took his hand in mine, tugging it over my waist and forcing him to lie next to me. I struggled back into his chest, his chin resting on my head after a while.

"Nothing personal, I just miss these kinds of cuddles" I sighed as my eyes drifted open and closed.

"I get it" Tom whispered gently.

"Just because of the deal"

"Just because of the deal" Tom repeated with a smile of his face, his eyes closing as we both drifted off into a drunken slumber. Well, one of us anyways.