Chapter One

It was a calm morning today, perfect for the occasion. Jasmine woke up bright and early to go downstairs after preparing for the morning. She hopped into the shower and washed her long blonde wavy hair. She texted her two best friends Nicole and Casey. They texted her back. She was so excited to see her friends.

Her head snapped back towards the glass door, her eyes bright and focused like she was expecting the day to come for her. Some footsteps emanated down the stairs to her left. It was her mother, Daphne, her gray hair wound up in a ponytail hanging down behind her upper back. She went to the fridge to make breakfast which she made pancakes with strawberries. Her mother made some bacon to go with it. She grabbed some juice as well and some syrup for pancakes.

"Tell me, dear, what are you planning for the summer?" Daphne asked.

"I'm planning on traveling the world with Casey and Nicole," Jasmine said.

"That's something big to do sightseeing." Daphne walked back to the counter in the kitchen.

"I hope so," Jasmine took the first bite with a fork and swallowed. "I haven't gone on a trip like this in a while and I know Casey and Nicole will have fun as well."

"Why don't you call the girls over and you all can plan your trip?"

"Sounds like a good idea, mom. I'll go do that now." With that, the girl headed to the living room where her lavender-colored purse laid on the table. Opening it, she took out her cellphone. She dialed Casey's number.

"Hey, Casey," she greeted.

"Hi, Jasmine!" Casey responded. "How are you?"

"I'm doing amazing, Casey."

"Good to hear that. So, what's up?"

"Do you think you and Nicole can come over so we can plan our trip?"

"Yes, we'll be right over, Jasmine."

Some hours later, Casey and Nicole drove over to Jasmine's house. As they reached the door, Nicole rang the doorbell.

When Jasmine opened the door to meet her friends, a silent moment passed between them while they all emotionlessly stared into each other's eyes. Then, they let loose a collective screech of happiness before wrapping each other in a group hug.

Jasmine asked the girls where they all wanted to go for the trip. Nicole and Casey said New York and then we can go from there for our next stop.

Jasmine said, "sounds like a plan."

Casey says, "when do we leave?"

Jasmine says, "Tonight at 6pm is when we fly out".

Nicole says, "I guess we should meet here at 4pm all packed and in the car".

"I can drive you girls to the Airport". Daphne said.

Once they got to the airport, they made their way towards the runway, walking together arm-in-arm. They looked around at all the people waiting, moving about, chattering amongst each other.

They grabbed their luggage and headed to check in. After the procedure, they gleefully headed to the terminal for the plane. The three got hungry after their whole trip and waited at the airport. The three went to get some snacks. They were early for their flight since their plane in 1 hour and 30 minutes. They got their snacks and went towards the gate to wait to board the plane. The girls laughed and talked while they waited. The girls were getting excited for the adventure. They could not stop talking about it all week. The girls texted their parents and told them that they would call them as soon as they landed. It was time to board the plane, so the girls got their carry-on bags and got their passports out and went to board. They got on the plane and sat in their seats waiting for the plane to take off. The plane took off when everyone was boarded and was buckled up. The girls talked on the plane once the plane was high enough in the air and was balanced. After a while, the plane was in the sky and it was safe to talk. The Flight Attendant told everyone the safety rules on the plane in case of emergency. After the flight attendant gave her speech everyone got out their tablets and stuff for entertainment. The Girls watched a movie on the plane and a little while later the flight attendant checked on everyone and brought them drinks and snacks.