Chapter 36

Previously on Dragon Mating Season

I start to rub her back and the say "I'll always be here for you Juvia, no matter what."

——————————————————————
Natsu's POV

"DOES THAT MEAN YOU'RE GOING TO DIE?" Happy yelled, now very concerned.

"It's a possibility, I've gone this far in life without dying, so don't think to much of it, ok," I say try to reassure him that I'll be alright.

"What if this time is different Natsu, I know that you tend to care more for people as time passes, what if you love Gray more then you can handle?" He asked.

I never thought of that, it has been getting harder to handle mating season as the years go on. Maybe Happy has a point.

"Happy, I don't know what to do, like I said I'm scared of what outcome might be, what if I do end up-

"DON'T SAY THAT, you're Natsu Dragneel and never go down without a fight, that you should never give up, that's what you taught me," said a voice from be hind us.

Happy and I look back and see Lucy.
——————————————————————
Before all of that
——————————————————————
Lucy's POV

I left the guild without anyone knowing, I don't know if it was a bad call or not, but Natsu isn't being himself and I want to help him.

I've been looking for awhile, but at least I know where to look if he goes missing, like now.

Then I found him, he by the river he and happy tend to fish at.

Then I heard him say"Happy, I don't know what to do, like I said I'm scared of what outcome might be, what if I do end up-

Once I heard that I snapped, that's not Natsu. So I said, "DON'T SAY THAT, you're Natsu Dragneel and never go down without a fight, that you should never give up, that's what you taught me."

"L-Lucy, why are you here?" Natsu asked.

"I worried about you, you're normally so confident and powerful, and now you're acting weak. That's not the real you Natsu. If you want Gray I'll help you, but if ever talk about you dying again don't expect my help, you're anything but a quitter," I said starting to cry after falling to my knees.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I also don't like this because it's usually me giving this kind of talk to others," he pulling me into a hug.

"Are you ready to get Gray?" I ask.

"I'm all fired up!"