Ch.6 The right man for me

Theresa Matthews is rubbing her lips for the fifth times with a slice of lemon

(That jerk kissed me! Is this just another prank for him? Kissing me to show domination?)

The sour taste of lemon made her squinted her eyes.

(Lyons kissed me. And I never felt happier. Why? Connor kissed me few times. And I, I felt nothing. Just brushing of lips. And when he tried to insert his tongue into my mouth. I felt sick. My future husband. Why I'm feeling like this?)

A bird whistles from the cage.

Tess opens the door and Sugar leaps out of it. The squirrel eats some nuts when she offers them.

"You are lucky, Sugar. You don't have any headache, do you? Only eat and sleep," says her.

The squirrel barks as a response.

Tess sighs.

And she says, "Why I'm feeling like this? It's all his fault! I won't care for him again!"

A knock on the door.

"Come in. The door isn't locked," says Tess.

It's Miranda. She looks happy for the first time in months.

"I got a letter from him," explains her.

"Who?" asks Tess.

"Seb. He is in America. And he got a decent job as a factory manager. He wants me to marry him," adds her.

Tess asks worriedly, "Are you sure? People would talk about this..."

"Screw them all. I've been very miserable after he left me. No one could replace him. I've tried dating other men in the past. From the ton. My own kind. No one could replace Seb in my heart," says Miranda.

Her aunt is filled with happiness. Totally opposite of her gloomy self in the past months.

"I have to go to America. Starting a new life with my husband, Seb. I guess this is goodbye, Tess, darling. It has been fun training you girls. Adieu," says Miranda.

"Wait! Tell me one thing...how do you feel when Seb kissed you?" asks Tess a bit nervously.

"Flying. My body felt ticklish. Thrilled, hungry for his touch. Why?" asks her.

Tess is silent.

Miranda explains, "You would only felt like that with the man you love. So if you ever find him, don't let him go, Tess. Don't be like me. Wasting my youth with other men. Knowing only Seb would make my life completed."

The Heiress (Wattys2018) (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara