Ch.8 A change of heart

Splash!

A rotten tomato just strikes his head. It's red juices dripped down, tainted his suit. More rotten veggies fly to his way. Lyons dodges most of them. But some rotten veggies got stuck to his suit and hair.

He desperately called for a hackney. But none would stop.

"No one likes you, devil!" yells a man who threw him rotten veggies.

A woman yells, "Burn in hell!"

A rotten tomato is thrown toward him again. Lyons let it hit his head precisely.

"Thanks, guys. You guys really love me, don't you?" teases him.

Lyons smiles widely to them. Making the angry crowds stunned.

He takes the chance and flees for his life. The angry mob outside the courthouse chase him. But they soon lost him in one of the dark alleys near the courthouse.

Lyons inhales a deep breath.

And he walks home in slow pace.

(I know this case would make people hate me. I just didn't realize how much...)

The case is doing well.

The laborers have no real proof the company is cheating on them.

(Most of them are illiterate. They just signed everything the company asked them in the past).

And other companies have been polluting Thames River too. With proper bribe, the government would drop the charges against Sir Richard Dunwoody.

*****

"Oh, Lyons! What happened to you?" asks Tess worriedly.

(Great! She's here! Why my landlady kept letting her into my room?)

"Nothing special. The mob just got too much money to spend on rotten veggies," replies him coolly.

"Take them off. I will wash them for you," orders her.

"No."

"Lyons..." says her while walking closer and closer to him.

(I smelled like a dumpster. Stay away from me! I never want you to see me like this...)

"I could wash them myself. You shouldn't be here, Tess. A lot of people are mad at me right now. You should stay away from me. For a while..."

Tess asks, "If you hated your job, why not be a prosecutor like Connor? You would make an excellent one."

"He asked you to change my mind, didn't he? That sly dog. He knew he couldn't win. So he sent you."

"No. He didn't send me here. And I have broken up with him," explains her.

They are standing very close.

"Why?" asks him.

"I want another man," replies her.

A kiss to his lips.

Lyons is too shocked to say anything else.

(Did she just kiss me?)

Another kiss to his lips.

(Yes, she kissed me again).

Another kiss from her.

And this time, Lyons kisses her back.

Their tongues dance together like waltzing in her mouth. She is moaning slightly, pressing her body to him out of instincts.