Chapter 20

Chapter 20

-Secrets of the Past and Present-1

Logan Spector becomes the center of attention after making it known he and Kara already know each other.  Lauren keeps asking him questions and dropping innuendos about his relationship with Kara.  Her suggestive questions are making everyone uncomfortable.  She knows how Briana feels about Logan yet it hasn’t stopped her.  Kara glances at Braylin’s face to find it lined with a scowl.  Lauren’s questions have become disturbing.  He finally tells her she is being rude.   

The cocktail hour is ending, guest are slowly making their way into the main ballroom where dinner will be served.  Kara’s head hurts she needs to get away for a few minutes.  Braylin has a tepid hold on her arm for appearance sake.  He frowns when she starts to move away.  “Where are you going?”  He ask noticing her pull away. 

Surprised by his comment she answers.  “Does it matter?”  The scowl on his face grows deeper as he releases her arm.  Kara makes her way to the foyer not sure where she is going. 

“Hey Cinderella, are you lost?”  A voice says behind her.   

“What do you want Aaron?”  She turns around to face him. 

“Whoa, don’t take my head off.  I’m just here to beat up the bad guys, lookout for villains and maybe save the damsel in distress.”  He chuckles. 

Kara reaches her hand out to caress his cheek while giving him an uncertain smile.  Her affectionate gesture toward him is a surprise.  

“Wow, this is usually how my dream sequence starts.” 

“Aaron, are you ever serious?”  Kara relaxes dropping her hand to her side. 

“I’d like to be about you, but it seems I’m not the Hurst you’re interested in?   I don’t know why not, I’m extremely good looking, I have all my teeth and I’m not the scary one.  You do look beautiful tonight.  I would let you walk all over me in those sexy heels you’re wearing because I’m into kinky shit like that.”  He grins and winks at her. 

“Thank you Aaron.  Does it show that much that we can’t get along?” 

“Lester and I have a bet going on who gets the most compliments about how beautiful our date looks tonight except neither he nor I have a date.  You two kids need to stop fighting, you’re messing up our action for the evening.”  Aaron complains. 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t ask you to look after me.  How am I supposed to show everyone that I’m his girlfriend when we can’t be in the same room together for more than five minutes?” 

“Stop trying to reason with him.  Grab him throw him against the wall then kiss him like you mean it.  That always gets my attention.  I’d be happy to practice with you.   If…. you need to.   Uh-ahem.”   

He’s always flirting with her.  She decides why not it may be the only fun she has tonight.  Getting in his face, she runs her fingers around the edge of his collar, his bow tie suddenly feels tight around his neck.  Gripping his tux lapels she tugs him toward her while looking deep into his sapphire eyes. 

“And this works for you…..”  She responds in a seductive husky voice. 

He frowns, his words come out in a stutter.  “Some-Sometimes, one time…..maybe never.” 

“But you want me to try it?”  She pouts, her mouth inches from his.  She nuzzles his nose. 

“Ah….yeah, like I said.  We could practice.  If. You. Want.”  Now he doesn’t seem so sure of himself.