Chapter 46

Chapter 46

-Disconnected

Kara doesn’t hesitate hitting the button on Braylin’s phone she waits as the “My Video” dial spins around and around impatient for the picture to load. 

Before it starts the phone is snatched out of her hand.  Her mouth drops open in shock at the swiftness of his movement.  Swinging around she finds an angry Braylin staring at her dressed in a towel. 

“I didn’t asked you to answer my phone.”  He hasn’t spoken to her this way since they first met.  “You’re invading my privacy Kara.”  His voice remains cold.  Taking his phone with him he walks back to the bathroom. 

“Braylin….wait I’m sorry.”  Kara mumbles to him as he walks through the bathroom door ignoring her. 

“I think it’s best if you went back to your room.”  He says just as he gets inside the doorway. 

Kara is left speechless standing by the chair as he closes the door.  He never turned around she’s been dismissed.  When he did that at the beginning of their relationship it angered her she felt challenged and would go after him now it rips at her heart.  Trudging back to her room with her dress and bra in her hands Kara lies across the bed and cries herself to sleep. 

During the rest of the week they go to the hospital to visit Lester.  He’s getting stronger and more anxious to find Alexandra.  They are notified that he will be released on Friday.  He also suffered some broken ribs.  Kara has spent the week learning about the kind of marriage he had with Alexandra.  It’s disturbing for her to know the secret about his ex-wife’s pregnancy and not be able to reveal it.  

She continues to hold the secret for Stassi but she wants to talk with Braylin about it but she’s afraid now that she’s pushed him away from her for good.  He continues to get up and leave early in the mornings avoiding spending breakfast with her.  He spends time at work with his brother’s gathering the case against Amelia.  They have been in touch with the police.  An undercover investigator has been assigned to the case he recommends they not discuss the evidence collected with their loved ones.  Braylin is told explicitly by the detective after he learns that Amelia is Kara’s mother that he thinks it best not to reveal their operation to Kara yet regardless of their relationship. It only adds another level of stress between them.  

Each evening they either have dinner while still at work or go out to dinner with Cameron, Michelle and sometimes Aaron.  Aaron’s been secretive about his own whereabouts the last two days.  Kara wonders if it has to do with the way Darla is acting at work.  She can see there is a connection between them but Darla won’t talk about Aaron. 

Maxim Monroe hasn’t gained his complete memory.  His sister and mother flew in from London and he was released this morning, a day before Lester.   He also suffered a broken leg in the accident.  He remembers bits and pieces about his life.  His memory of his father, mother and sister have somewhat returned but his memory of his parents is of a time when they were still together.    

His sister and mother have been trying to help him regain his full memory by reminding him of his childhood and other happy times.  With his ex-wife staying nearby and visiting Maxim every day the arguments between James and Amelia have multiplied.   She is spending more time away from home while James ex-wife has practically moved in.  James asked his ex-wife to sleep over on Maxim’s first night home.   Amelia had no choice but to agree to avoid James finding out another one of her secrets.