Chapter 54

Chapter 54

-Destiny Is Served

James stands between his son and his wife, his heart is beating inside his chest so hard it feels like it’s going to burst.  A frown lines his face he rubs his hand against his chest. 

Maxim comes closer to stand behind Amelia.  He helps her to her feet.  She’s trying to hold onto him she grabs at his jacket and won’t let go.  “Please Maxim….I’m sorry.”  She says with tearful eyes. 

“Are you Amelia or are you just saying that because you got caught?  Take her dad…take her out of my sight.”  Maxim’s jaw is clenched he shoves Amelia toward his father. 

Amelia stumbles over to James.  He grabs her arm holding her up to keep her from falling.  Both face Maxim neither understanding why he’s here. 

“Take her to the house dad and keep her there.  I hate what you’ve done but you’re my father and I can’t stop loving you because of it.  I understand that you were trying to protect me but I need to live my own life.  I don’t know how I’m going to feel about this in the morning, I’m just trying to be a better man than you right now.   Keep her away from me and don’t let her hurt anybody else.  I can’t stand the thought of her destroying everything you’ve worked for.”  He shakes his head clenching his jaw.  

“Amelia you need help and I pray that you allow my dad to get it for you.  I won’t let you destroy what he has built up for himself and for me.   Don’t hurt him again or I’ll kill you myself.”  Maxim walks away from both of them. 

“Maxim…”  James calls to him but he’s gone.  James doesn’t know if he’ll return or is gone forever from his life.  Amelia tries to touch James he moves away. 

“James please, we’ve only got each other now.  I’m going to jail soon you know it and so do I.  Please let me have this chance.”  She pleads. 

“Chance for what Amelia…he’s right you’re psychotic, a monster.  I can’t stand to look at you, how can I sleep in the same house with you.  How do I know that you won’t try to kill me?”  He spits at her. 

Shaking her head frantically she reaches for him again this time touching him his arm.  “James don’t….I would never hurt you. I know you don’t think it true but I love you.  You’re the love of my life, I couldn’t hurt you.  Don’t you see Maxim knows that?  All this time…I just wanted you’re approval….for you to keep loving me.  You turned away from me, you shut me out.  I…I know we made mistakes. Please James….I want to see Kara and to be with you.  You know I don’t have much time left.  I won’t do anything else.  Just let me stay at my home….our home James and help me to see my daughter one more time.”  She waits for his decision.

 James walks away from her.  After getting about five feet away he stops turning around to look at her pitiful presence.  She starts to walk cautiously toward him he sucks in a deep breath but doesn’t move.  His shoulders remain stiff it’s like he’s trying to contain the anger he feels but he understands what his son was telling him.  Until he can talk with Maxim again he will take her in to keep an eye on her.  He knows now what she’s capable of but he needs his son by his side to help him destroy her.  He will have to get Maxim back while keeping her close enough to watch her as Maxim said.  They have to find out everything she has on them then he will take care of her himself. 

Two weeks have gone by since Amelia was released on bail.  She has started sending messages to Braylin again.  This time they are not about hooking up with him she seems to have finally given up on that now she wants something else from him.  To arrange for her to see Kara.  Kara refuses to talk to her or see her.  She’s tried to see her at the restaurant twice and been blocked each time by their security.