Chapter 45

Chapter 45

-The Truth Hides Many Secrets

Kara and Stassi sit in a lounging area of the hospital having a quiet discussion.  Unbeknown to them Amelia has followed them and she’s being followed by the hitman. 

He stays out of her way for now but closely watches all three women.   He didn’t like the brushoff Amelia gave him this morning.  Amelia stays a distance away from the two women now sitting in front of her in the lounge area.   

Being observant is a part of the hitman’s profession he immediately observes Amelia take a seat not far from the two younger women where they can’t see her watching them. 

He wonders what the connection is between her and the two women as he stares at the dark haired younger woman with lustful eyes.  She’s quite beautiful and looks a lot like Amelia. He tries to get closer to the women, he’s not ready for Amelia to see him just yet. 

“I brought you down here away from everyone because I need to ask you something.” Stassi seems a bit on edge.  “Aaron told me you spoke with Alexandra privately at your restaurant.  Did she mention anything about me?”  Stassi wrings her hands in her lap. 

Kara is surprised that Stassi wanted to speak with her.  Their last encounter in the Hamptons wasn’t on the best of terms.  “I’m sorry I guess I don’t know what you want to hear Stassi, you weren’t on either of our minds at the time we spoke.”  Kara provides an honest answer. 

“It’s alright I haven’t been nice to you or to Alexandra.  In fact I treated Alexandra much, much worse than I should have.  Her breakup with my brother is my fault.”  Kara can see Stassi becoming emotional. 

“How do you mean….I don’t know the details of why Alexandra and Lester broke up?  I only know she had an affair with Maxim Monroe and got pregnant by him.  Your brother divorced her.”  Kara summarizes. 

“Yeah that’s the story but I pushed her and Lester apart.  Lester traveled a lot back then mostly to Dubai.   My uncle had died and things were kind of chaotic.  Braylin was in Las Vegas a lot.  I didn’t like Alexandra with Lester.   I knew she was an attorney but I though she was after his money.  I mean he fell so hard for her when he first met her.  He told everybody he was going to marry her and they had only dated for a couple of months.” 

“Stassi, what did you do?”  Kara ask not paying attention to people around them.  

“When Lester was out of town I would call him and tell him she was with Maxim then I’d talk Maxim into checking up on her and tell him little things about her like how much she liked him.  I arranged for them to run into each all the time, I took cell phone pictures of them talking and teasing each other and sent them to my brother.  I could see Lester getting upset about it but I couldn’t stop.  When he came home from his trips he and Alexandra would argue about it.  I….I….”  A tear runs down Stassi face. 

“What did Lester do?”  Kara anxiously ask. 

“Lester ask Alexandra to go with him on one of his trips to Dubai.  She couldn’t she had this big fraud case for us she was working on.  She won the case and we had a big celebration.  She was upset that Lester wasn’t here to celebrate her big win with her.   Maxim was there and he kissed her congratulating her.  I took a picture of it and sent it to my brother.  When he got back from Dubai all hell broke loose.  He and Maxim got into this big fight.  He and Alexandra kept arguing.  She said she couldn’t take it anymore that Lester didn’t trust her and she left him.”