Chapter 31

Chapter 31

-What Gets Discovered in Vegas

He can breathe now that she’s left the room.  He thought he was hallucinating until she moved telling him she was going to leave.  She’s always so quick to leave him.  Is he really that bad? 

What is she doing here?  He saw her with his own eyes holding Logan’s hand.  The article in the news just added to his misery.  Is she here to tell him she’s going to sell to somebody else?  She can’t….he has to think.   

The smell of something wonderful is coming from the butler’s pantry invading his senses.  It smells so good.  He’s starving for her and the food in that order. 

He can’t sleep at night, she haunts his dreams.  He’s so tired from his meetings today he takes a few steps toward the bedroom then he stops.  “No….No…..he doesn’t know what to say yet.” 

He can hear her mumbling to herself.  It sounds like she’s calling him every type of dog she can think of.   He seems to have pissed her off again.  There’s a loud crash followed by an exasperated shriek coming from the bedroom.  He closes his eyes trying to hold onto the memory of her standing there watching him.  God she looks sexy, he can't take his eyes off of her.  If he had been any closer he would have reached for her taking her right there on the sofa.   

Dammit.  He’s a little too excited, one touch from her is all it will take for him to loose himself in her. 

The sound of things being moved around in the bedroom keeps him hiding from her in the dining room.  He saw the desire in her eyes.  Desire for him.  There’s another bedroom here.  Michelle must have let her in.  She has to know there’s another bedroom here, why didn’t she tell her about it or does she know maybe she is aware of it, she wants to sleep in his room with him…….. 

He walks to the pantry to see what smells so good.  He’s been here a day already.  He hasn’t so much as looked in the butler’s kitchen to see what’s in it.  He had no idea there are plates, a warming oven or a fridge here.  It’s something else he will have to consider when designing his hotel suites.  His hotel, if only he can share his dream of it with her?  He needs chefs, they haven’t figured out the restaurants they are going to have yet.  He trust her opinion, she would be great at helping him out with that. 

Opening the warming oven he sees an herb crusted rack of lamb.  On the counter are sides of cous cous and garlic roasted spring vegetables.  It’s one of his favorite meals.  She had to have just got here and she’s doing this for him.  He feels like such an ass right now.  The flight had to tire her out especially with the time change.  

A door bangs somewhere in the apartment.  Braylin hurries back into the living room to look down the hall.  His bedroom door is open and so is the front door.  A half closed suitcases is being dragged through it.  Clothes have fallen out of it onto the floor leaving a trail through the door.  He picks up something, he’s not sure what it’s supposed to be.  It’s flimsy, sheer he can see his hand through the fabric, is it a blouse or a negligee he’s not sure.  He takes a few more steps bends over to look at the drop of fabric on the floor.  Picking it up, he holds it between his fingers.  He swallows clearing his throat, pulling at the collar of his shirt.  He’s holding a pair of crotchless panties in his hand.  Where the hell did she get this stuff?  The elevator dinging catches his attention. 

He races out the front door looking down the end of the hallway to the elevator seeing her in her sexy bodycon black dress and her black high heeled shoes wrestling with her half zipped suit case.  She looks comical but she is really turning him on in that outfit.  Her hair was in some kind of an updo on top of her head when he first saw her.  Now part of it has come loose hanging down on her shoulder and the rest is bobbing on top of her head about to fall down.