Chapter 39

Chapter 39

-Thirty Minutes

Michelle smiles at the middle aged couple already on the elevator as she gets on it.  She’s on her way to her husband’s office to meet him in time to make their dinner reservations.  The couple doesn’t look like they know where they are going.  She wonders if they realize that the offices of Hurst Corporation are closed for the day.  Maybe one of the executives has a late meeting with them.  

The woman looks extremely nervous, the man has his arm around her waist he’s almost holding her up.  Her head lays against his shoulder for support.  Michelle can tell she’s been crying.  Her eyes are red and she has a balled up handkerchief in one of her hands.  The man doesn’t look to much better.  She can see the lines under his eyes. They are also red he looks like he hasn’t slept for days. 

The elevator doors open on the executive floor.  Michelle steps out turning toward Cameron’s office she cautiously walks down the empty hallway aware that they are coming off of the elevator behind her.  She can hear them talking to each other she turns around to see them staring at the office directory.  

Walking back to where they stand she looks at their confused faces.  “Hi, can I help you find the office you’re looking for?”  She says with a slight smile. 

“Hello miss.  Thanks for being so helpful.  My wife and I came here to see a Mr. Braylin Hurst.  I don’t know if he will see us.  I’m sorry we’re coming here so late but we took a chance that he can help……”  Getting choked up the man is unable to finish his sentence. 

The woman grasp his hand placing her other hand over it holding on.  “It’s alright Charles.”  She says as comfort.  Turning to Michelle with pleading eyes she clears her throat. 

“I’m sorry my husband and I are in a tough situation.  We don’t have an appointment, we don’t know Mr. Hurst.  We have a mutual acquaintance.  We thought maybe if we could explain everything to him, he would help us talk to her.”  The woman says. 

Michelle is intently listening.  Her heart goes out to them, she can see that they are suffering through something very serious.  Nodding her head in understanding she holds out her hand for the woman to shake.  “I’m sorry…..I’m Michelle Hurst and you are?” 

The woman catches her breath.  She looks at her husband then turns back to Michelle to shake her hand with a slight smile.  “You’re married to one of them aren’t you?”  She says with an incredulous smile that breaks through all of her sadness. 

“Well…I don’t know who you’re referring to, but I am married to Cameron Hurst.  He’s one of the CEO’s of this company if that’s what you mean?”  She answers as an explanation. 

“Oh that’s perfect, that’s wonderful, do you think you could take us to meet him.  My name is Cecil Sheffield and this is my husband Charles.  Our son Liam…..our son is in trouble and the mutual friend is Kara Santino.”  Cecil Sheffield explains. 

Michelle loudly clears her throat to get rid of the huge lump in it.  She gets nervous momentarily and starts to look around.  Looking up she sees the security camera.  She knows they are being watched.  Why are these people here?  Their son is a fugitive.  Kara told her what Liam Sheffield did to her.  She told her how mean his mother was to her.  This woman doesn’t fit the description she was given.  Michelle hates Liam based on what she knows he did.  She has never met him but now she’s standing before his parents and they expect her to take them to her husband to ask for help.  For what their son did to her friend….