Chapter 14: Masky's Death (Epilogue)

I am walking on a dock. Wearing a black coat that is zipped up to my neck. I stare at the boats as I walk on the wooded dock, barefoot. I'm wearing dark blue sweatpants with a black t-shirt; that is invisible from the coat I am wearing. I have my hood up.
   I reached the center of the dock, staring out in the ocean, stiffing up.

   Masky and I were holding hands while sitting on the couch, with him under me as I sat in his lap.
"Babe," Masky spoke out, getting my attention. I looked up at him, smiling. "Do you ever want to experience sex in a bathtub, surrounded by cinnamon scented candles? We can enjoy making love slowly, peacefully and take our time. Afterwards, we can take our time bathing one another after our hot sex with our bathroom and bedroom filled with candles." He fantasized. I giggled, cupping both of my hands on his face, pecking his lips with a kiss. "We need to just forget the candles and take our time having sex." I said, in a lustful tone.
   Masky began to frown and looked down. I noticed. "Babe. What's wrong?" I asked. His phone ranged and he immediately answered it. "Hello?" He asked over the phone.
"Can you at least let me hear what that person you're talking to is saying?!" I shouted. Masky flinched and put the call on speaker phone. "Doctor. Can you please repeat everything you've just told me about my test results?" He asked. 'Oh. So it was his doctor. . . Silly me. And test results? What test results are they talking about?' I thought.
"Yes. Let me repeat. Your test results for HIVs came back and it says that you're a HIV positive. You can get it treated now if you don't want it to worsen." He repeated.
'HIVs? A sexual transmitted disease? Why? How? I know I don't have that disease --- right?' I thought, staring at Masky in confusion as he was looking down, at his phone. "I'll go get that treated right away. I am on my way." Masky said, in a hurtful tone as he hung up, threw his phone on the couch, avoiding eye contact with me; didn't bother to look at me. "Masky," I called out to him before he turned around, with his back facing me. "Why didn't you tell me this?" I asked, in a hurtful tone. Masky hesitates. "-I thought it would be better for you not to find out that I'm dying --- so you wouldn't have to worry about me dying."
"Are you kidding? I worry every single day about you dying, Masky! I cannot lose you!" I shouted.
   Masky turned around, facing me. "Then take me to the hospital to get treated then." Masky suggested as I grab the keys and drove him off to the hospital to get him treated.
  I stayed with Masky for 5 whole weeks. Every single day, in those past 5 weeks, I always thought that he was getting stronger and better. But he was getting weaker.
   I was holding Masky's weak hands. His breathing was weak. I smiled, gripping both of his hands. "Babe. You're going to be okay. You're going to make it." I said with a sad smile on my face. Masky had let go of my hands. His right hand moved to his left hand, moving to his ring finger and slides the ring off his ring finger. I stared at him for a couple of seconds before he clasped his hand on my hands, giving me his wedding ring. "(Y/N)..." The heart monitor was rating Masky's heart beat, letting me hear that his heart is slowing down. Tears runs down my eyes as Masky's hands were stilled clasped onto mine. "(Y/N)... I know I am dying... There's no need for you to pretend that I'm getting stronger each day... Baby, I'm dying... There's nothing you can do about it..." Masky said. I shook my head, tears streamed down my cheeks. "Babe... Don't say that... Just don't say that!!!" My sudden response turns into a scream.
"(Y/N)... Just try to move on and don't let me become a burden to you so much... You will find someone better than me anyways... Just don't forget that I love you... So very... Much..." Masky said, trying to fight death to do one last thing. I quickly bowed my head down to kiss him. He kissed back, but for only a matter of 5 seconds. The heart monitor made a long ringing sound. I felt his last breath on my lips, which made me flinched. I pulled back, ending our last kiss here.

   I cried like a baby. I had to watch my husband pass away in a bed before me. I had to let go of his hands, knowing that he is no longer here with me anymore.
   A day after his death, I decided to get Masky cremated. So I did. I wanted to free his ashes in an ocean, with a wooded doc, surrounded by boats. So I did. This spot is where he first proposed to me at. We had several dates here. We even celebrated our anniversaries here too. That what makes this spot so special. This spot is flooded with memories of my past lover, Masky. My best friend. My family. My lover. My life. My husband. My everything. Masky was all of those things to me. Now, I don't even know where to begin with my life anymore. I'm pretty sure he wants me to live my life until the fullest.

   A month has passed since Masky's death.
   As I was staring off into the distance in the ocean, where I released his ashes at, I feel a warm tear sliding down my cheek, that is now turning into a cold tear. I start to sob like a baby, laying down on my side, curling up into a ball. 'Masky... I know you don't want me to live like this, broken in depression. I know I should move on and start a brand new life. But how am I supposed to do that when you're not here in my arms anymore? I feel so empty without you. Why did you have to go so soon?... Just why?...' I continue to sob. Missing someone you deeply and emotionally love is a pain. It hurts so much.

Hey! How is everyone liking my stories so far? I'm not quite done with this one yet! There's still more endings to publish! I'm very sorry for the long wait! Thank you all for your supports!