014 || settling

•••

•••

"You were up early this morning" I commented as Clint walked back into the house.
He had been doing laps around the grounds as I woke up, and had been out there for at least half an hour.
"Gotta stay in shape" he replied, wiping the sweat off his brow "I'm going to have a quick shower"
He kissed my forehead lightly before going up the stairs.

Deciding to start unpacking the van, I made sure the door was left open as I started bringing in some of the smaller boxes filled with the essentials we need.
The first box held kitchen utensils and some basic food I had brought over.
The next few boxes were full of stuff from my apartment, as well as my medical coursework and laptop.
By the time Clint had come downstairs there was a pile of boxes in the entryway.

"You okay there?"
"Yep" I grunted as I put down another box "though I will say that if I'm struggling this much with boxes, you're going to have to be on furniture duty"
"I can work with that" he laughed, walking out to the van with me.

By noon we had emptied the van, creating a pile of everything in the entryway of the house.
"Well" I sighed "This is gonna be a bitch to set up"
"But it'll be worth it" Clint grinned, hugging me from behind and placing a kiss on my neck.
"It better be" I laughed, placing my hands over his "let's get started shall we?"

•••

"I can't lift one more thing" I groaned, collapsing onto the sofa.
We had managed to move all the furniture into their places, and had set up the bedroom and bathroom with the necessities. It had taken almost all day.
"Giving up already?" Clint teased, falling into a chair near me.
"Define giving up"
"This" He said, pointing at my position.
I stuck my tongue out at him in defiance.

"I can see us living happily here" I said, thinking aloud.
"Me too" Clint agreed, his posture far more relaxed than I'd ever seen him.
"You know what Fury said about telling people our address, are you telling anyone?"
"Tasha. She'd find out eventually anyway" Clint shrugged
"Is it okay if I tell Dalia - she swore on her life to not even tell Lewis" I assured him, sending her a text as soon as he nodded his head (as well as a reminder to delete it afterwards).

"You know ... we should probably christen this house" he said airily, looking around at his surroundings.
"Oh really? And how do you suggest doing that Agent Barton"
"Well - we need to make sure that the bed is stable - that's very important. Perhaps some rigorous testing is in order?"
"Perhaps it is" I grinned, walking over to him and straddling his lap "after all, we don't want to sleep on a possibly unstable bed now do we?"
"My thoughts exactly" he grinned, grabbing my face and pulling me into a passionate kiss.