007 || panic

•••

•••

"Uncle Fury! Uncle Fury!" Lila screamed, running towards the tall man as he stepped off the jet.
"Hey there princess" he grinned, sweeping her off the ground and into a hug "how have you been?"
"I think Mummy's still angry at you" she whispered into his ear, making the director chuckle.
"She normally is"
"FURY!" Cooper yelled, rushing over to the man.
Gently placing Lila down, Fury stood in a defensive position as Cooper rushed forward. They did a bit of sparring, Nick pretending to be beaten by the 8 year old as he clutched his chest and fell to his knees.
"Good work soldier" he smiled, patting Cooper on the shoulder.

"Look who's finally shown up" I laughed, pulling the man into a hug "You've caught me on a good day Johnny Bravo, Clint is currently not in mortal peril"
Nick snickered, pulling away from the hug, "that's a state he should be in more often"
"My thoughts exactly"
The kids had decided we had talked for too long, grabbing both of his arms and pulling him away.
"Have fun!" I called, a big smile on my face.

I felt Clint's arms wrap around my torso, his head resting on my shoulder.
"They've missed the old man" he said, watching how excited they were to play with the spy, instantly rushing over to the little playground Clint had built for them, dragging Nick behind them.
"It looks like he's missed them too" I grinned.
Clint laughed, spinning me around so I was pressed between him and the porch's fence.
"I've also missed being able to do this" he cupped my cheeks and pulled me into a deep kiss "whenever I want"
My cheeks flushed as I learn closer to him, my arms wrapping around his waist as I pulled him closer.
"Such a flirt" I giggled, pressing kisses to his jaw.
"I can't help it when I'm around you" he whispered into my ear, making my spine tingle with anticipation.
"That makes two of us then" I smirked, grabbing fistfuls of his shirt to pull him even closer, brushing my lips over his teasingly.
"Shall we take this inside Mrs Barton"
"Why yes Mr Barton, I think we shall"
Grinning, he pressed a kiss to my forehead before sweeping me off my feet and carrying me into the house.

•••

Clint's breath hitched as he looked down at Grace in his arms.
Flashes of the vision Loki gave him crossed his eyes, causing his steps to falter.
"Clint are you alright?"
"Yeah, Yeah I'm fine" he assured her, pushing through the panic that was rising in his chest and walking into the house.
The blood started pounding in his ears, and his vision started to blur.
Clint's hands started shaking, forcing him to put Grace back down.
"Clint?"
She said that in the vision too, that one word made his head start to pound.
"Grace I don't know what's happening" he cried out, his voice hoarse due to his dry mouth.

Grace looked at him for a few seconds before realising he was having a panic attack.
Clint's breaths were coming out in jagged heaves, his knees buckling under him.
"Shh you're okay" she cooed "you're here with me. You're safe. It's just you and me honey"
Clint's brain foggily registered her words, giving her a small nod.
"Can I touch you?" She asked carefully.
Clint nodded again, feeling like he needed something to hold on to to stop him feeling like he was drifting away.
Grace instantly wrapped him up in a hug, rocking him back and forth, as she gently whispered reassuring things into his ear.

After a few further minutes his breathing calmed down, the shaking of his hands still remaining. Tears soaked my shoulder as his whole body went limp.
"I'm sorry" he whispered.
"That was not your fault" I murmured, stroking his hair soothingly "not your fault"
He took a few more shaky breaths before lifting his head and getting to his feet.
"What was that?"
"Panic attack"
"I've never had one before" Clint admitted, running his hand through his hair nervously, "how do I stop it from happening again?"
"Therapy"
"I don't need therapy-"
"There's no quick fix for this one Clint"
"But I'm needed for missions - I can't have an attack on the field -"
"If you won't go to therapy I'll look into it myself. I had pretty bad social anxiety so I know some basic methods to calm down but I feel like yours is more PTSD based"
"I've gone this long without getting a mental illness, I'm fine Grace. It was probably a one off thing-"
"You've never had a god manipulate your brain before-" I argued stubbornly.

Just the mention of the man was enough to almost set him off again and as soon as I realised it, i jumped to his side, intertwining our hands.
"We'll work through this, okay?" I assured him, squeezing his hand.
He nodded, smiling slightly when I rested my forehead on his.
"I love you"
"I love you too"

•••

"YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT US" Cooper roared, running at Fury with a stick, Lila following close behind.
"You're no match for Pirate Fury" he laughed, spinning his stick in his hand.
The three clashed, sword fighting with the sticks.
"We'll never surrender!" Lila shouted, ducking one of the slow motion blows that Fury gave out, before getting a soft hit on his stomach.
Fury fell back, over exaggerating the wound as he groaned in pain.
"Lila has slain me" He gasped, clutching his stomach, before sticking his tongue out.
"ARR!" She yelled happily, getting a high five from her brother.
"We have defeated the Pirate King!" Cooper cheered, throwing the stick up in the air victoriously.