020 || godmother

•••

•••

"Are you staying Nat?" I asked as we watched Fury fly away back to NYC.
"If that's okay" she grinned, still happy from her victory over the KGB's Red Room program.
"Obviously"
Clint came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his hands over my stomach.
"We should celebrate" he said, leaning down to rest his chin on my shoulder
"We could go to that bar in town" Natasha shrugged
I sent her a sad look, making her laugh.
"Sorry I forgot"
"No it's okay, I'll just drink water" I moped.
"We could go somewhere else -"

I gasped as I smacked my forehead, "I still haven't told Dalia!"
I rushed upstairs to get my phone, immediately calling my best friend.

•••

"Bitch where have you been?" She scolded "we said we'd call every night you liar!"
"Hey hey hey - you haven't called me either!" I protested "it's a two way street here!"
There was a short pause.
"Fair enough"
"Damn right" I snorted "anyway do you want the news?"
"What news?"
"You're going to be a godmother"
"Fuck off" she breathed, disbelief clear in her tone "this isn't a funny joke"
"It's not a joke"
"You're pregnant? You've been with Clint for what - 6 months?"
"I didn't call you for a scolding!" I argued, getting slightly upset.
"I'm sorry - I'm sorry - I just ... wasn't expecting that" she admitted, her voice slightly emotional "wait hang on a second - did you say godmother?"
"Well who else would it be?"
"Oh my god - LEWIS IM GOING TO BE A GODMOTHER" she screamed
"What?"
"A GODMOTHER"
"For who?"
"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU IDIOT"
"Grace is knocked up!?"
"YES"
"Fucking hell" he grumbled, getting nearer to the phone, "Again Grace? You're making me lose all of my money over here!"
I could hear Dalia snicker evilly as the money was passed over.
"Does this mean I'm a godfather by association?"
"Only if you're married to Dalia"
"Oh okay" he sighed "I guess I'll have to arrange that then"
"What?" Dalia and I said in unison
"Talk to you later!" He called, walking away.
"Did you hear what I just heard?"
"Yes I did"
"Bitch I better be your maid of honour"
"Well duh"

•••

I returned downstairs with a massive smile on my face, walking in to see the two assassins laughing in the kitchen.
"How did it go?" Clint asked, spotting me at the door.
"Well she freaked out a bit, accepted it and then Lewis hinted that he was going to propose - you could say it was a very eventful call"
"No kidding" Nat said, popping a cake into her mouth.
"Oh- I wouldn't eat those if I where you-"
I was cut off by Natasha rushing to the bin and spitting out her mouthful
"-Coulson made them" I finished, a small smile on my face.
"Who the fuck puts cheese in cupcakes?" She exclaimed
"And we're the ones they called damaged" Clint scoffed, leaning back against the kitchen counter.

"How crazy would you think I am if I said I wanted Fury to be the godfather?" I thought aloud, looking at the assassin's faces to gage their reaction.
Clint gazed at me with a face full of disbelief, whilst Nat just looked confused.
"Fury?"
"Yeah why not?"
"Because he's Fury. Don't get me wrong - he's a great boss - but I can't see him being comfortable around babies" Clint explained slowly.
"Me neither" Nat agreed.
I shrugged, sitting down in one of the kitchen stools, "he's actually quite funny when you get to know him. Besides if something happened to us -"
"Nothing is going to happen to you" Clint cut in firmly, his eyes sharpening.
"I know, I know, I'm just saying - in the unfortunate event that something happened I'd feel safe knowing he would protect them is all"
"I'm guessing you asked Dalia to be the godmother?" Nat said, resting her head on her hand.
I nodded in reply
"Eh it's okay - I bugsy the second one" she snorted, making me slap her arm.
"Seriously?" I laughed "I think one is enough at the moment, right Clint?"
"Oh yeah - totally" he said, nodding his head vigorously (though I caught him wink at Nat as he nodded).

•••

Clint entered the bedroom as I tugged on a dress, getting caught in the fabric so that my arms were twisted awkwardly above my head. He snickered at me, coming up from behind and placing his hands lightly on my hips.
"Help" I whined, flailing my arms around in the air.
"Why should I?" He teased, slowly moving his hands up my sides, making me giggle.
"Stop you know I'm ticklish"
"Which is exactly why I'm doing this" he laughed, continuing his feather-light touches on my sides.
"Clint please. We can't keep Nat waiting - help me into this dress and I'll let you rip it off tonight" I bargained, a small smirk playing on my lips.
"Deal" he chuckled, helping me pull the dress over my body, and placing a kiss at the crook of my neck "you look beautiful"
"I know" I snorted, spinning around to press a kiss on his lips "let's go get our Nat and let's go"

•••

A/N: procrastination has hit me so expect a few chapters up today whilst I try and ignore the fact that I need to learn the French language by tomorrow 😂😭