021 || nathanael

•••

•••

"Oh god not again"
It was 2:57 am when I woke up, whether it was from the pain or the liquid rushing out of vagina, I couldn't tell.
"Clint wake your ass up now" I said, shaking my husband awake, "you're not gonna sleep through my contractions this time around"
"Wha-?" Clint groaned, his voice gravelly from sleep.
I noticed he had taken his hearing aids out, making him face me so I could sign.
"My waters just broke"
"OPERATION BABY 3.0 IS A-GO!" He whisper-shouted, leaping out of bed and slipping his hearing aids in and rushing to put his clothes on, calling Nat as he moved.
"Hey Nat, sorry to wake you. Operation Baby 3.0 has begun, how quickly can you get here?"
I just laughed quietly as I listened to the two assassins discuss their 'game plan', trying to ease myself out of bed.
"I'll see you then" Clint said nervously, tugging his shirt over his head as he ended the call. I pouted slightly at the loss of a good view, making Clint laugh a little.
"Can you get dressed while I make coffee and get all the bags together or do you need help?" Clint asked, nervously flitting around me.
No matter how many children we had, he was always equally nervous. I found it adorable.
"I'll be fine, just make sure we don't forget anything" I said, heaving myself up into a standing position, and discarding my pyjamas on the floor as I waddled over to my wardrobe.
Clint pressed a soft kiss to the back of my neck, before rushing downstairs.

•••

A quiet knock sounded at the door, Clint opening it slowly.
"The kids are still asleep and hopefully we can keep them that way" Clint explained, pulling Natasha into a hug.
"I'm about to become a godmother to my namesake" Nat whispered excitedly, "go baby number three!"
Clint shook his head in amusement, rushing to help me down the last few steps.
"Hey momma" Nat smirked, approaching me for a hug.
"Why are you so fucking happy" I groaned, placing my head on her shoulder as my back spasmed in pain again, "nothing about this is fun"
Clint noticed my tenseness and started to rub my lower back as I stayed leant against Nat.
"If anyone walked in right now this would look so weird. Like, oddly sexual type weird"
"You complaining?" Nat chuckled, raising her eyebrow at me.
"Not when I'm in this much pain. nope"
As the contractions for closer together, Clint decided that we had better start driving to the hospital. Nat waved us off, promising to look after the kids until we got back.

"Motherfucker" I hissed as a new contraction hit me, "This is it Clint. No more babies. You're getting your thingy tied after this"
"Seriously Grace?" he said, amused, "you want to have this conversation now?"
"Yes I fucking do thank you very much. You should get them tied because I'm not doing this again and I'd rather keep our sex life the same because it's bloody good"
Clint burst out laughing, "thanks for the compliment"
"Shut up"
"Yes ma'am"

When we finally reached the hospital I was having contractions every few minutes.
"I don't want to rush you or anything but I'm basically ready to push so just please get me a bed and some bloody drugs" I said to the receptionist, Clint carrying the bags behind me. Sensing my urgency the receptionist immediately called a nurse and I was carted off to a delivery room.
"Clint" I grunted, clenching his hand in my grasp, another contraction washing over me, "can you pass me some water - ow"
I saw a flash of pain cross Clint's face as he reached for the water.
"Why the fuck are you flinching?"
"I just hate seeing you in pain Grace-"
"Normally I would find that sweet but I'm the one fucking pushing a baby out of me right now so I swear to god if you act like you're in pain -"
"We have this same argument every time Grace, I can't help it. Just drink"
I rolled my eyes at him, drinking down some of the fluids.
"Okay imma need to push now - Oh shit - okay ow"
The midwife nodded, "You're fully dilated"
"Thank the lord"

•••

"Hey Nathanael"
Clint looked up at me in amazement, the little boy gripping on to his pinkie finger.
"Hey there little guy"
I sighed exhaustedly, a small smile on my face as I watched the two bond. He had taken off his shirt for 'tummy time' (bonding through skin to skin contact) which was the most adorable looking thing ever.
I had finally given birth at 8:24am which is pretty quick in comparison to some labours, but I hadn't had much sleep the night before so I was knackered.
Clint's phone rang on the bedside table and I picked it up.
"Hello"
"Grace! Nat told us that you had gone into labour - is he here yet?"
"Yep, gave birth about 10 minutes ago" I answered tiredly.
"I was wondering if it was okay for the whole gang to come see him? Or do you think it'll raise too much suspicion?"
"How about you go to our house, I should be discharged soon and I'm sure Lila and Cooper would love to see y'all again"
"Will do, say Clint we say hi"
"Sure - Oh and Steve?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you bring the twins as well? I'd love to see them again"
"Of course. Bye"
"Bye"

I put the phone back down, smiling slightly at Clint.
"The whole crew is coming down to meet the little fella, you gonna tell them the whole name?"
Clint just nodded, enraptured by Nathanael's tiny pink body.
"Grace?"
"No. No more. Three's enough"
"Okay"