007 || natasha

•••

•••

"What the fuck Grace" Clint growled lowly, pulling me into his chest as I walked over to the jet, my head still throbbing, "never go silent like that!"
"I'm sorry! I got caught up in a fight - didn't exactly have time to check in" I mumbled, resting my forehead on his shoulder.
"Just - dont do that again"
I just nodded, pushing myself upright. I scanned his body for injuries, my eyes immediately locking on to his left leg.
"Clint - you've been shot! What are you doing standing up right now?"
"It's fine", he shrugged, "I've been shot before"
"You don't build a tolerance to bullets you fucking moron! Get in the jet now or I swear to god -" I started, pointing aggressively at the jet.
"Okay! I'm moving!"
I huffed as I followed him, making sure he sat down before opening the first aid kit and tending to the shot wound.
"Grace what you did today -"
"I know Cap, and I've said I'm sorry already, but it was that motherfucker that beat me up. He almost escaped so I went after him. I did what I had to do"
"You could've been hurt"
I looked up from suturing Clint's leg to glare at Steve, "I know. I didn't care. All that mattered was getting to him. I'm glad I did, because he told me that there's more of them, said something along the lines of 'if one head is chopped off, another two rise in its place' or some shit like that"
Everyone turned to look at me, mouths slightly agape.
"What? Oh come on, don't be mad at me -"
"Is that exactly what he said?"
"Yeah. He started laughing and everything"
Steve clenched his fists and made eye contact with Bucky. Wanda and Pietro looked angry, the twins whispering between the two of them. Feeling slightly lost, I looked back at Clint, eyebrows raised.
"That's hydra's motto" he said quietly, a stern look on his face too, "and we've just opened a whole can of worms"

•••

By the time we had landed back in wakanda, Clint was fully patched up and I was in desperate need of a shower. It was on my way back to our room that my phone rang.

"Hello?"
"Grace is that you?"
"Nat! Hi! How are you -"
"Grace I need to get out of here, can you get Steve?"
"Yeah, Yeah sure" I said, rushing through the corridors as I looked for Steve, staying on the phone as I ran, "Are you okay? Safe?"
"For now yes, but I can't promise the same for Tony if I stay here"
"Clint and I had a bet on that - how long you would last - I win" I snorted, before finding Steve sternly chatting to Sam in the hallway, "Cap, we've got someone on the phone"
I passed my phone over, his eyes lighting up as soon as he heard her voice.
"Nat? ... yes of course... whatever you need..."
Sam made a whip motion behind his back, making me snigger.

•••

It seemed as if the atmosphere had physically lightened as Steve broke the news, all previous drama suddenly forgotten as everyone prepared to welcome a member of the family back home.
"Here they come" Bucky smiled softly, his metal hand intertwining with Marzia's fingers as he looked out of the window.
As soon as the jet landed I sprinted ahead of everyone and leaped into Nat's arms, making the assassin stumble back slightly.
"Hello to you too" she laughed, holding me tightly.
"Next time you all fall out, try not to choose Tony's side, ok? It sucked without you"
"Will do"
A cough from behind us made us separate, Clint diving in for a hug next.
"Glad you're back"
"Glad to be back"
"AUNTIE NAT" Lila screamed, barrelling towards the woman at full force.
Natasha grinned, bending down to catch her in a hug as well.
"Hey there printsessa"
Cooper carried Nathanael over, joining the hug.
"Where have you been? You've been gone for too long" Cooper asked innocently.
"I made a mistake bud, a big one, but I'm here now"

"just a really quick question" I asked Steve as he stepped off the jet, "did you get them?"
"Yes I got them - in there"
"Thank you!"
I went inside the jet, my eyes lighting up as I saw my goats.
"Bucky! Come look, they got my goats back!"