002 || sleepless

•••

•••

There were no windows, no doors. Rhythmic dripping echoed around the small room, like a clock that was counting down to my death. A noose swung tauntingly of the middle of the barren room. An invisible force dragged me forward, forcing my head through the loop of the rope no matter how much I struggled, all sound stopping as it shot up -

"Holy fuck" I gasped, almost leaping out of the bed at the intensity of the nightmare.
"Woah" Clint said groggily, adjusting himself so he was sat up just slightly behind me, "Grace are you okay?"
I shook my head rapidly, tears starting to form in my eyes as I tried to slow down my breathing.
"Woah, woah, hey it's okay. It's okay. You're here with me" he cooed, his hands gently brushing the back of my neck as he spoke, "you're safe"
A tearful giggle escaped my lips as he soothed me, "I used to do this f-for you a few years b-back". My speech was disjointed due to the heaving breaths I was taking every few seconds, but I think Clint got the gist as he laughed along with me.
"Maybe it's time you let me take care of you for once" he spoke softly, easing me back down into bed and wrapping his arms around me protectively, quietly shushing me as I gripped his arm tightly.
"I love you" I whispered, my face pressed against his hard chest, as my breathing slowly steadied out.
"I love you too" Clint murmured, pressing a kiss on the top of my head as he rubbed my bath soothingly, "go to sleep. You're safe"
He continued to talk quietly to me until I eventually drifted back off to sleep, feeling safe in his arms.

•••

I was woken that morning by Nathanael climbing up onto the bed and sitting down heavily on my stomach.
"Mummy! Mummy!" He said, wiggling around, "Lila said come get you"
I groaned quietly as I rubbed my eyes, being met by Nathanael's face beaming back at me.
"Morning sport" I yawned, shifting him off me so I could sit up, "What about Lila?"
I looked to the left of the bed, noticing Clint was gone.
"She said bring you to kitchen" he grinned, grabbing my arm and jumping back off the bed. I shook my head amusedly, getting out of bed and following him out of the room.
"Lila! I got her!"
"What is this?" I asked, a grin on my face as I looked at the food spread out on the breakfast bar, "did you do this?"
"Yeah! Cooper and I made you breakfast to show we're glad that you're okay" Lila chirped. I could feel tears pooling in my eyes as I walked forwards and wrapped the two in a big hug.
"Did anyone help you? This is proper cooking"
"Wanda helped a bit" Cooper shrugged, "but I was the one holding the pan - Pietro did the mixing"
"I cleaned up what Pietro spilt when he was mixing" Lila added, "he kept doing it too fast"
My eyes searched the room for the twins, seeing them sneaking away from the kitchen.
"Oi! You two get back here and give me a hug" I shouted, making them pause in their tracks, "come on, gimmie a hug before I chase you around this bloody house"
Pietro sniggered, walking over to me to accept the hug, Wanda doing the same.
"So, shall we eat?"

•••

"You called for me cap?" Clint asked, walking into the office. Steve and Sam were sat at the desk, faces grave.
"Yeah, Thanks" He said, forcing a slight smile, "can you sit?"
"Sure"
Clint moved to sit opposite Sam, a slight frown on his face.
"What's this about?"
"Grace" Sam stated, "we think we found her kidnappers"
"Let's go get them then!" Clint started, jumping up from his seat as he felt the rage starting to pump through his veins.
"It's not that simple -"
"Like hell it isn't! We just go and kill the sons of bitches"
"Clint" Steve shouted, snapping the archer out of his rage, "it's not that simple, because it wasn't an ordinary group of men. They were hired by the government"
"Fuck"