019 || avenge

•••

•••

"You ready?" Natasha asked, pulling Clint out of his thoughts "we have a 82% match on the outskirts of the city. Wanna blow those bitches to hell?"
"Fuck yes I do" he grunted, jumping up from his seat "let's fry some fuckers"
The two grinned at each other as they grabbed their weapons from the walls of the helicarrier, preparing for drop off.

As Agent Hill gave them the all clear, they jumped.

•••

"Is that them?" Clint whispered.
"Yep, that's them. See the woman there? She was the head of my division, her file said she died 2 years ago" Natasha answered, pointing at the older woman, rage clear in her voice.
"You can have her"
"Thanks"

The two exchanged calculated looks before splitting up, surrounding the group of Russian agents.
Clint held his bow, drawing the string back. With a nod from Nat, he let go, hitting the middle of the room. A pulse was sent out, knocking the Russian agents off of their feet.

This was the gap they needed.

Natasha jumped down from the ledge, tasering the man closest to her as Clint shot an arrow through one of their heads. The enemies quickly regained their footing, sinking into defensive stances. Nat quickly dodged an incoming knife from across the room, stabbing another Russian in the kneecap, sending them tumbling to the ground as Clint shot down another 2 men.

There was only 3 left. Natasha's eyes locked onto the female operative.
"You got the other two?" She asked
"On it"

Using one of his explosives, he quickly shot an arrow at the man approaching Nat's left side, embedding it in his skin as it exploded, leaving a considerable hole in the side of his torso.
"Nice to see you again Madame" Natasha snarled, stalking towards her threateningly.
"You're posture is sloppy" the woman replied, her unimpressed gaze unwavering from her face.
Clint could see Nat falter slightly as he aimed at the last man, successfully hitting his target.

"You were one of my best students" she tutted "You were the hope for Russia, the new Black Widow. You failed me"
"No - I didn't fail you - I left you" Natasha growled, throwing a punch at the woman "I outgrew you"
"Stupid girl!" Madame B cried, backhanding her across the face "you defied our teachings!"
"I saw sense" Nat spat, flipping her onto her back and twisting her arm backwards "and now I'm going to kill you"

Without hesitation, Natasha drove a knife into her former teachers back, piercing her heart.
Clint jumped down from his ledge, resting his hand on Natasha's shoulder comfortingly.
"I'm fine"
"I know"

•••

"Congratulations Agent Barton, Agent Romanoff. That was the last of them" Fury said, shaking their hands "whilst you were gone, Grace bought to my attention that I've been overworking you. I'd like to offer you a break - how does 2 weeks sound?"
"Uh - great" Clint said, slightly shocked.
"Thank you" Nat nodded, sending Clint an incredulous look.
"Don't thank me - thank her" he said, pointing over his shoulder to Grace.
"Thanks Pop-eye" she said, patting the director's shoulder as she passed him.

The two assassins watched open-mouthed as she outwardly insulted him, expecting a reaction from the stoic man. Instead, they were shocked even further as he laughed and said "sure thang pumpkin".

"Welcome home" she whispered, pulling Clint into a hug, her other arm wrapping around Nat's arm, bringing her in too, "did you have to take that long - Fury is an extremely picky eater"