Part 8

"Hey cutie." There was two of the guys. The blonde one approached me first. I could smell the booze on him from here. It was truly disgusting. I sighed and walked away from the stupid boys. One of them grabbed my arm.

"Let go of me!" I tried to break free. But his grip on me was too strong. My heart beat faster I was scared.

"Its okay cutie you don't have to run away. We just wanna play." He whispers and tries to lean in I push him away with all my force. Which doesn't take him that far. "Please just leave me alone!" I yell, but no one seems to hear me.

"Don't be afraid." The other one says and touches my hair. I try to escape but I can't. I feel so weak and helpless. Pathetic

Before they can touch any other place on my body. The boy is yanked behind and thrown on the ground. Then the other boy is. I see Toby stand in front of me. He punches the guys in the nose and kicks them to the ground. They groan in pain. Toby grabs the knife on the table.

"Toby No!" I say sternly. He sighs and let's go of the knife, then returns to kick the boys again"Toby stop! They've had enough."

"They were going to hurt you Kat!"

"I know, but you already got them let's go before the cops show." Toby seems to realize what he's doing then he stops. He takes my hand and we run out of the house.

*******

"Kat are you okay?" He says while were walking.

"I'm fine." I lie.

"Don't lie to me, Kat." He stops and looks at me.

"It just scared me that's all." I look at him. His eyes are full of concern and he looks sad. I don't say anything and he doesn't either. He surprises me when he leans in and presses his lips onto mine. I open my eyes really big. He holds my waist. I don't struggle against him because I'm actually okay with it. I kiss him back, then I pull back. "What's happening." I ask.

"I just kissed you do you remember?" He smiles. "I won't let anyone hurt you." He hugs me.

"Toby...what's gotten into you." I'm surprised that he kissed me. I didn't think Toby liked me, despite all his flirting.

"You." He says. Oh what he's blaming this on me! What did I do? He can't be serious! "Your different Kat and I don't know but your doing something to me" He's still hugging me.

"Is this a trick?" I'm not sure what to believe. I never thought that Toby had feeling for me. Do I have feelings for him? Maybe I do. I've never been good with my feelings.

"Why is it so hard for you to believe that someone has feelings for you, Kat." He looks at me. He took the thoughts right out of my head. I feel tears come on and I cover my eyes and lean into his chest. He holds onto me.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because you know me more than I actually know myself." I wipe my tears away, this is the worst time to cry. Toby holds my cheek in the palm of his hand. I smile.

"Come on." He slings his arm over my shoulder. I think we're going to his house. He better not try anything I'm not like that. When he kissed me I felt like I was electrocuted in a pleasant way. We finally made it to his house. I was a little nervous around him now.

"Kat you can spend the night here." He kissed my hand.

"Thanks...well do you have anything I could wear to bed?" I ask shyly.

"Oh I think I got something." He goes in his room, then comes back and throws me a black shirt.

"I'll be right back." I go into the bathroom And change clothes. The shirt is barely above my knees. I walk out feeling really weird. Toby has his shirt off again. "Dude, put a shirt on." I laugh.