Part 24

Toby's P.O.V

Kat woke up at her regular school time. The sun was at the horizon, but I didn't get up out of bed. She went into to the bathroom while I shut my eyes again.

I woke up like not even a second later by Kat shaking my arm. I groan and sit up.

"Toby, I have to go to school so if your gonna sleep here lock the door when I leave." She says.

"I-i'll walk you." I start to get up, but she pushes me down gently.

"Toby your injured you should stay in bed." I start to lay down. She cups my cheek and looks at me sadly. I don't want to stay in bed I want to walk her there. She's not safe out there. I'm barely injured.

"I'm fine Kat." I sigh. She shakes her head.

"No your not. Jeff hurt your arm badly. Want me to take a looksie." She smiles sadly again. I wish she wouldn't make that face. I nod then sit up. She slowly unwraps the gauze that's tied around my arm. There's a thin scarlet slice on my arm. It doesn't look too bad.

"Oh, it looks better. Thank god." She whispers under her breath the last part. I roll my eyes. She worries to much. Then she wraps my gauze back up.

"Yeah, see? I'm better now come on." I try to get up, but she pushes me down again. What is this girl's problem? Why won't she let me come with her?

"Toby I know what your thinking. Jeff won't come after me in the middle of the day. I'll be perfectly safe." She sighs.

"How did yo-"

"I know you." She says. Her cruel irony is funny, but it sucks that its true. I sign because I know that she won't let me go. Sometimes she's so stubborn. Then again she's Kat.

"I'll be home soon, just go to-" she stops her words suddenly. "Wait! Wrong words just have a nice nap. I guess." She laughs. Then Kat walks out the door waving her hand with a sweet smile on her face.

"Yeah, whatever." I say clearly defeated by her. I slump back under the covers and fall asleep.

***********

I woke up at two in the afternoon. I stood up and decided that maybe I should leave. Or I could pay a visit to Kat. She gets out in like thirty minutes. I get curious then tiptoe downstairs. Her mom isn't home, probably getting drunk or laid. I laugh to myself. Then the feel a cool breeze come in. I see that the window has been opened up, I walk over to it and close it. I feel like someone might be here, but I can't see anyone.

"How is your arm?" I hear a familiar voice behind me. I turn around and is greeted by a wide smiled man with jet black hair. Jeff.

"Jeff." I hiss. I'm ready to kill this bastard right here and now. I tense up, and Jeff seems to notice me.

"Calm down big boy, I just want to talk." He smiles then sits on a stool. I glare at him.

"Well I don't. I want to kill you right now, you know that?"

"I do. But this is not about me or you... Its about Kat."  I freeze at her name. What does he want to talk about that involves her? She hasn't down anything to him so why does he continually come after her? There's plenty of people to murder.

"What do you want with her? She hasn't done a thing to you, Jeff!" I about at him releasing some tension in me. Then I start to twitch. I haven't done that in a long time.

"I want you to stop seeing her. She's just a distraction for you." He says cruelly with a sadistic smile upon his face.

"What? Why? What does our relationship have anything to do with you?" I yell again.

"Your killing rates have decreased Toby. Do you realize that?"

"Who cares?" I throw my hands up in frustration. I can't stand this guy right now. Thinking he can show up and tell me how to live my life. Evil bastard.

"Your a proxy, you idiot! Are you gonna give that up for what? A girl that probably won't want anything to do with you in the near future." He crosses his arms and glares at me.

"What the hell do you want?" I ask. He's confusing me so. I'm not sure what this guy wants from me.

"Leave her." He says. Two simple words that cut me deep. I'm taken aback by him and don't say anything for a while.

"Leave...Kat?" I ask.

"Yeah. Leave her and be your usual self again."

"That's not gonna happen."

"I can't force you too, but Kat won't be so safe." He purrs evilly.

How does he expect me to just leave? I can't leave Kat, she's the only thing that's important to me. I'm on the verge of killing him. I don't have a weapon though. He would probably kill me first. Jeff leaves before I can say or do anything. I sigh and let my head fall. What am I gonna do? If I leave her it won't only effect me but it might effect her. I can't do that! But if I don't leave her she might get hurt. I couldn't bear Kat getting hurt because of me. I sit down on the couch, then palm my forehead. What am I going to do? Should I leave her or not? I have no idea what to do. I start to twitch again. I haven't done that ever since I met Kat.

Is he gonna leave her or nah?? This is getting good! Okay well I'll try to update more chapters okay? Okay!

XD

I still live Toby!!!!