Part 42

Toby has been really occupied lately with Slenderman giving him so many jobs. I wonder what's so important that he has to do. Oh, I wish he could tell me. Maybe I could ask Slendy but I feel like he would give me the same answer Toby has given me. I'm so bored right now there isn't anything to do, and I'm not in the mood to sit and do nothing. I stand up then slip on a pair of boots maybe I can go hiking. Its a nice day outside today, the sun is beaming down on everything that it can touch. I go through the backdoor and look for a stick I could use just in case anything or anyone tried to attack me. After wandering around I finally find a long dark wooden stick. I grabbed it then started to make my way into the woods.

The woods were so quiet. The only sound I could hear was the faint sound of signing birds and the soft wind blowing through the leaves. My breath started to decrease and I realized that I forgot to bring my water bottle. Damn it! I stopped in my tracks to catch up with my breathing.

Suddenly I hear a stick break behind me. I jerk my body around swiftly to see what was behind me. I see a tall girl with jet black hair that falls to her hips, and her skin is a pale almost gray color, she has a short black little dress that exposes her long legs with a pair of black boots, but what really stood out was...her face. Her eyes were pitch black... Wait is she wearing  mask? I think so.

"Found you!" She says excitedly. I'm so confused so I just stand there dazed in confusion.

"Umm...er..." I stutter. She seems to notice my confusion, then says

"Oh sorry, I'm Jane." She smiles at me and approaches me and I feel a wave of uneasiness wash over me. Who is this girl? I have no idea who I am dealing with! She'll probably try to hurt me or kill me. That's what everyone has been trying to do lately. "Don't worry girly I'm not gonna kill you." She says casually.

"Uh okay." I say.

"So Kat-" she starts to say until I interrupt her with my own words.

"How do you know my name?"

"Oh, your name has been thrown around a lot lately." She puts her hands on her hips.

"W-What?!"

"Don't worry no one dares to get you angry." She says slyly which worries me.

"Why?" I ask the question Like I don't know what she's talking about, but I do know. I know about my hysteria, and I know what I am capable of.

"Because you'll use your hysteria and you'll make them wish they hadn't messed with you!" She laughs playfully.

"Okay what do you want with me again?"

She looks confused for a slight second then recovers from it. "Oh yeah! I wanted you to help me with something!"

"Like what?" I say slowly with a bit of caution in my voice. Not sure what this girl wants but I have a feeling nothing good will come out of it.

"I need you to help me kill Jeff!" She smiles widely and a crazy look in her eyes appears.

"N-No I can't do that!" I spit out. What's wrong with this girl? I'm not going to kill Jeff with her that's not who I am.

"Aww come on, last time you almost killed him." She wined.

"I wasn't going for that!" I rolled my eyes and decided to walk back home. I turned my back then started retracing my steps.

"Why not? He's a bastard that deserves to die!" She says catching up to me. She walks side by side with me as if we were friends having a good chat.

"Dang girl. I assume you aren't very fond of Jeff." I say. She nods.

"He killed my entire family in front of my eyes..." She says sadly. I feel bad for yelling at her. This poor girl. Lost her family by him...

"Oh, I can see why your angry." I say. She keeps walking with her head down then she finally looks up at me.

"Angry? More like furious! I will get my revenge and I will avenge my family's death!" She spats out. I feel like I've just made this girl even more mad.

"Are you sure that killing him is the answer though? Will it make you feel any better by killing him?" I ask her and tilt my head trying to see what emotion is on her face. She just looks at me.

"Kat your so...so...pure! I would have never expected a girl like you to be so nice!" She laughed. I stopped with my jaw dropped. That seems to make her laugh even more so. I roll my eyes and start to walk again. After her laugh fest she realizes that I left so she catches up to me again.

"Haha, sorry did I offend you?" She asks. I'm not sure what my answer is though.

"No it was just a weird outburst."

"Oh well I was just being honest."

"Pure...you think I'm pure?" I ask. I've heard that from Toby. He's always saying how nice and sweet I am. His voice echoes through my head.

Kat your so sweet its adorable

Your too nice ya know that?

Why are you so nice to others when people have treated you so badly...

Maybe I am considered...sweet. I've just never considered myself like that.

"I think your a nice person Kat!" Jane's voice snaps me out of my daze.

"Oh thanks."

Soon after a while of pointless chit chat I finally make it to my house. I stop and turn to Jane who was staring at my house.

"Well this is my house." I say and she turns her attention back to me.

"Oh what a cute home."

"Uh yeah, I guess"

"Well even though you didn't agree to help me kill Jeff I still had a nice time talking to you." She smiles then hugs me by surprise. I hug her back then pull away.

"If you need to talk call me." She takes out a piece of paper that has numbers scribbled on it in black ink. I nod my head then we part our ways. I enter my house to be welcomed by Toby. He smiles and takes me in for a hug. I'm getting a lot of hugs today. Suddenly Toby pulled off of me. I'm taken aback by surprise.

"What's wrong?" I ask. He gives me a weird look.

"You smell...different."

"Oh about that." Toby looks at me for me to go on. "I met Jane today." I had a feeling he would know who I was talking about.

"The killer?" He asked. I nodded. I guess that was her Creepypasta name. Jane the killer. Sounds like Jeff but whatever.

"Oh. Did she try to kill you?" He asks in a dark tone.

"No she was actually pretty decent to me." I admit.

"Oh good. No one will touch you!" He pulls me into a warm embrace. I laugh then snuggle up with him.