Part 23

I got home at the usual time like when I would get home from school. My mom wasn't home, I wonder if I should just forgive her. I sigh and set down my bag. I had fun with Toby we didn't do much but mess around. He's so cute at times. I love how affectionate he is with me. When he said he wouldn't leave me alone it made me feel so much better because I know he would keep that promise. I smile to myself then change out if my school clothes. I glance out my window and see that rain drops splatter on the window lightly. The clouds are gray and I fear that maybe thunder might be coming in. I shrug off my feeling then sit down on the couch. I turn on the TV then sit back and relax. I wonder were my mom went? Oh probably getting drunk or something. That's weird because its only Monday, maybe she's trying new things. I feel that I should probably forgive her but i won't forget. After a couple reruns of drake & josh my mom gets home.

"Hi, Kat." She smiles kindly at me. She's holding groceries in her hand. She must've went shopping. What's the occasion?

"Uh, hi." I say.

"I bought some food if your hungry." She takes food out. There's various of different brands of food. I help her put them away and she thanks me graciously. She acting really weird. I'm sorry I just can't take anymore of this unexpected kindness.

"Mom your acting weird." I say.

"I'm just trying to be a better mom, Kat. I know I wasn't a good one for a while now and I want to change that." She sighs. I'm a little shocked and happy right now. Its a confusing emotion.

"Oh...that's." I run out of words to say. My face feels like smiling but my heart is literally like what is going on?

"It will be better for us." She says.

She's right though. I rather have my mom back to normal like when I was younger. That night we ate dinner together and I told her about how school was. I left Toby out. I really don't know how I would tell her about him. If she ever knew I was seeing him she would want to meet him, and I'm not too sure what Toby would do. Probably scare her to death. I went to bed early and my mom hugged me goodnight. I am loving this new mommy method! I slipped under my covers and went to sleep.

I woke up hearing a raging thunder storm outside my window. I hold a pillow tightly against my chest. Every time I hear the thunder I wince and occasional let out a small whimper. My mom didn't come up though, she doesn't know that I'm afraid of thunder. It started when I was only 15 and she was too wasted to care. The corner of my eye I saw a figure. I looked to my right, but saw nothing.

Until I heard a voice of a mad man. "Go to sleep Kat."

I looked up and saw no one other then Jeff standing in front of my bed with a clean knife in his hand. His smile never disappeared from his face and his eyes were eternally open.

"W-what!" I scream. At first he just stands there. For a moment I see a sad look in his eyes until he turns back into the same monster that he was before. He lunges at me with the knife in his hand and cuts my cheek. He's on top of me so I have now where I escape.

"Can't you see Kat? I'm saving you!" He says. I shake my head and tears well up in my eyes. What does this guy want from me?

"No! Stop!" I scream at him in an angered tone. He looks a little shocked that I stood up for myself. Then he smiled slyly, then raised the knife up above his head.

"Sweet dreams, kitty Kat." He says sweetly. I squint my eyes from him.

I feel the weight that was on my body disappeared. The sight of Jeff was gone and replaced by Toby. He was on the ground on his knees and his head downward. Jeff was nowhere to be seen.

"T-toby." I stutter and run up to him. Did Jeff stab him? Is he gonna die? He jerks his head up to look at me. Then straightens himself up, the side of his arm is slashed through his shirt. I see red blood come up.

"Kat are you okay?" He asks.

"Am I okay? Look at you, I'll be right back!" I say then go downstairs into the kitchen to get the first aide kit. I quickly grab it and run upstairs. Toby is sitting up with his hand pressing against his wounded arm. I sit by him then open up the kit.

"Kat did he hurt you?" He says.

"N-no I'm fine." I say and finally find some gauze with bandages.

"Your cheek." He holds my chin and forces me to look at him.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine. Your the one with the sliced arm." I say with panic in my voice. I don't know how to ask Toby this but I'll try. "Take your shirt off." I say while looking at the gauzes in my hand.

"Wow Kat!" He says sarcastically. I glare at him then he obeys me. He takes it off slowly despite his wounded arm.

"Okay stay still and I'll be gentle as I can." I pour peroxide on his arm.

"Owww....Jesus!" He says. I whisper an apology. It makes a weird sound and Toby keeps fidgeting.

"Hold still." I demand. He just pouts then stops moving. I wrap the gauze around his arm lightly. Then patch him up. I'm glad he didn't get stabbed that would be bad, but I don't know how to take care of a stab wound. I sigh loudly. I'm surprised when Toby takes my chin again.

"Kat you have a cut too." He says.

"Its no big deal."

"Yes it is." He sighs then opens the first aid kit. He gets a small pad looking bandage then puts it on my cheek. "It might heal, I'm not too sure."

"Its fine. How did you know Jeff was in my room? I ask.

"I didn't but I saw the thunder and I know you don't like it." He said. After he said that a crash of thunder reached my ears. I jumped and let a small whimper out.

"Come on." He stands up then takes my hand. I hope he's okay. I couldn't live with myself if he got seriously injured. He took me to my bed and we laid there until he spoke.

"I can't believe Jeff would go after you, I told him not too. Gonna kill him." He whispered the last part, but I didn't say anything because he seemed mad.

"I'm okay." I say. He looks at me with sad eyes.

"He almost tried to kill you Kat. You know you can't lie to me." He pulled me closer to him.

"Can't blame me for trying." I say. He laughs and hold me in his arms.

"In all honesty, were you scared?" He asked seriously. I decide to tell him the truth, it won't hurt anyone.

"Yeah, but it wasn't that much of Jeff. It was really the thunder, you know?"

He nodded with no emotional expression. I wonder what's going on up there?

Toby's P.O.V

I can't believe Jeff! I told him specifically not to touch her or I'll kill him. Ugh! Kat isn't going to be safe with him running around. Jeff the killer. I will kill you. I turn my attention back to Kat. Of course he would come at this time. That guy is so damn predictable.

"Good thing I came right?' I say. She smiles and nods.

"I'm fine I told you that a million times." She sighs loudly. I shake her off.

"Can't blame a guy for worrying about his girlfriend getting killed." I say. She let's out a small chuckle.

"I'm okay now so you don't need to worry about him anymore." She yawns.

"Your right. I'll just kill him later." I announce happily.

"Only you would say that, Toby." She sighs.

"Deal with it." I pout.

She laughs lightly, then she snuggles against my chest then closes her eyes. I was always finding myself in her bed. I soon began to shut my eyes and fall asleep with her in my arms.