nine

Jin releases the breath he's been holding all this time as he steps onto the school building.

He came early today, right on time actually. His stomach is hurling with bees buzzing through it as the nervousness rushes through him. Not knowing why he's so agitated, he presses his hands together and closes his eyes, gathering all the courage in him to face everyone he'll meet today.

It took him quite an effort to grant a permission from his boss. The pleading he musters led him to a change in his work schedule, from morning to nighttime, and Jin couldn't be happier since he won't be seeing the rude man Seojoon, whose muscles were awfully bigger than his brain.

Just in time, Namjoon was about to close his door when Jin stops him. The teacher's eyes bulge as he takes a good look at the man, dressed in a graphic t-shirt and washed out jeans that perfectly hugs his curves. His dark hair is styled with gel today, something that Namjoon has never seen before, and he can't help but stare at the man longer than he intended to.

That afternoon, as Jin has more time than usual, he takes the opportunity to make himself look more presentable. Of course, with his lack of clothing choices and hair products, he has to work with what he has. Nevertheless, Jin thinks the results end up nicer than he expected, at least that's what Namjoon's expression tells him.

"You're here," Namjoon gestures awkwardly with his hands as his mouth struggles to form full sentences. "You're.. here? You're right here."

Jin chuckles, "I'm here."

"Wait, wh-how are you he—I mean, it's a pleasure seeing you here early, Seokjin."

"I'm delighted to say the same, Mr Kim."

"Please, come in, Jiah's waiting for you."

Jiah's asleep already when the pair enters the room. Namjoon learns that she's a light sleeper, she can rest anywhere and anytime she gets the chance, which is very cute. Namjoon wonders if she gets the trait from her dad.

"Let her rest, let us talk," Namjoon suggests, in which he gets a nod from the other. "What brings you here early? I mean, not that it's a bad thing."

"A little fairy told me that if I arrive on time today, I'll receive good luck for the rest of the week. That's why I've decided, from now on I won't arrive late no more."

"That's great, Seokjin."

Namjoon keeps his dimply smile on the outside, but deep down low he wishes Jin would keep showing up late. Not only can Namjoon spend more time with the handsome man, but he can also spend the remaining time cleaning the room whilst he thinks of lovely phrases to use on the guy. Now, with his mind unprepared, he downright resembles a hormonal teenage nerd who can't flirt to save his life.

But Namjoon keeps his mouth shut and plays along with the conversations, not forgetting to give out random compliments along the way.

"Can I ask something?," Namjoon asks as he sets the books inside the shelf.

"Go ahead."

"How old are you, if I may ask?"

"I know I look older than my age," Jin sighs, "but I'm 26 I promise you."

"26? You're 2 years older than me," Namjoon bites his lips. "Hyung."

It's Jin's time to be surprised. Hyung?

"You're older than me, and we're friends now right? Can I— can I call you hyung?"

"Y-yeah, Mr—", he shakes his head. "Namjoon.. Namjoon-ah."

They're friends now.

"I'll see you later, hyung," Namjoon shows his signature dimply smile as he waves at the raven haired man. He keeps his cool on the outside, but his stomach was doing little somersaults as he recalls the next step in their friendship.