nineteen

A/N: happy birthday jungkook! <3 i loveeee u! readers, enjoy this chapter!

Although the karaoke has just started, Namjoon regrets coming in already. He didn't have anyone in particular to talk to. Hoseok, one of his closest acquaintances, was busy clinging to Yoongi as the latter tries to keep himself occupied. Namjoon sighs as he sits on the edge of the sofa, sipping on his dull beer. He just wants to go home, study for a bit and maybe text Seokjin until he falls asleep.

He shifts in his seat uncomfortably, checking his phone every few seconds  for a new text, but there was none. Right, Seokjin is working and won't be able to check his phone until two more hours. He leaves a note to pick him up later, as a little surprise. Imagining that full-cheeked smile on Seokjin's handsome face got Namjoon all shy and melted.

"Namjoon-ssi," a bright voice calls, walking over to the brunette with cold drinks on a tray. The blonde man was wearing a black turtleneck, along with a brown collared shirt and dark pants to match. His bangs covered his forehead, opposing to the swept back hair he wore from the previous days. Not gonna lie, Jimin looks lovely in the attire.

Jimin offers a warm smile, resting the drinks on the table. He smoothly hands Namjoon one, not forgetting to brush the hair out of his face, a habit he does unknowingly. It usually attracts the people he wants to, usually.

"Ah, thank you, Jimin, you didn't have to do that."

"Pleasure's mine."

Jimin topples his leg over the other and sips on his coke quietly. Through his ebony irises, he notices that the teachers are seemingly divided in a few groups. Some are gossiping with each other, while the other half are watching the current teacher's bedazzling karaoke performance.

"Namjoon-ssi, do you sing?", Jimin asks out of the blue. He progresses to sit closer to Namjoon, the latter unaware. Jimin places his hand between Namjoon and himself, the only thing separating from the two touching.

"Sing?," Namjoon recalls ,"yeah, I sing in the shower sometimes." He plays with the ends of his shirt, unable to find an activity that doesn't bore him. If it wasn't for Jimin, Namjoon would have been home watching TV shows with Taehyung by now.

"What about you? Do you sing? You seem like you have a nice voice."

If Namjoon's gonna be stuck in here for a while, might as well get to know about his substitute.

"I do, actually. I told you I'm a theatrical arts minor, silly," Jimin chuckles, swinging his head back as he naturally glides his hand across Namjoon's shoulders, leaving it there.

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that. You must be pretty good then?"

Pretty good isn't what Jimin was aiming for. Phenomenal, more likely?

"I'm really not," he sways, letting out more giggles. Now both his hands were resting on Namjoon's.

The crowd claps, turning their attention into the next performer. Finally, it was the performance everyone has not been waiting for. But they manage to keep their cheering to a maximum for their principal.

"Alright, alright, simmer down, teachers. Thank you. First of all, I would like to announce a special welcome to our new teacher Mr Park Jimin!". A roar of claps erupt in the room, Jimin stands up, waves his hands and bows. "I'll do my best!"

"Second of all, let's get that party started!" He pops a bottle and raises it to the air, the other teachers clinking their glasses together and drinking it immediately.

Jimin wanted to clink his with Namjoon, but he refuses, saying he doesn't drink alcohol. Jimin doesn't understand one bit, alcohol is a blessing for adults and Namjoon rejects it? That was a minus.