twenty seven

Namjoon and Seokjin were supposed to have dinner that night as Jin had promised, but he postponed it for Jungkook, leaving his apology over text with lots of heart emojis on the side. Namjoon understood, sending him twice the amount of love, which warms Jin on the inside.

Namjoon can wait.

Jin suggested that Jungkook stay with him for the night because the thought of him having to sleep over in a home where almost no love for Jungkook is present pains him. Sure, the guy was needy and annoying at times but Jin loves him a lot and treats him like the little brother he never had.

"Hyung, you sure with me living here?"

Jungkook stands accordingly like a lost child, feet pointing inside and bangs covering his small face.

"I'm pretty sure, I asked the owner and he said yes."

When the younger raises an eyebrow, Jin sighs and explains that it's him. He's the owner of the house. The next two minutes Jin explained to the younger how householder and landlord are two different things.

Jin is not a messy guy, but considering his lateness for the past 2 days, there are some garbage laying on the floor and dirty clothes here and there.

After carrying it as soon as he steps inside, Jin quickly throws the clothes to the hamper. He clears his throat, "make yourself at home."

"Sorry if this isn't what you're used to."

Jin's home was smaller compared to usual homes, since he lives on a budget, but that doesn't stop Jungkook from finding a cozy spot on the couch and sticking with it.

"Hush, that's nonsense, hyung."

"You can sleep in the bedroom if you want, I'll sleep on the couch."

Jungkook scrunches his nose, "no, I'm fine sleeping here." He bounces on the firm couch, making it creak. The man winces, then giving the elder a convincing expression before laying down on the small couch. He makes himself comfortable, laying on the side as he meets the sight of Seokjin's legs. He attempts to keep his eyes shut just for a moment, but opens them again when someone pokes his cheeks.

"Kook-ah, you should shower first," Jin suggests, handing the man a towel and pajamas. Jungkook groans, then proceeds after Seokjin pokes the side of stomach a couple times because he's sensitive there.

"Alright, alright! Jeez."

As the guest showers, Jin prepared dinner for the two of them. He went for ramyeon, a classic that everyone loves, including Jungkook. All those nights spent together at work consisted of the two eating the noodles at least twice a week. Jin didn't forget to add extra spice on the latter's bowl.

Several text messages are the first things that pop up when Jin unlocks his phone.

Namjoon
I miss youu :(
Can I come overrrr?
It's your fault that this date's cancelled 😢

Seokjin
I miss you too :(
Hmm I guess if you want
But maybe after Jungkook's asleep?

Namjoon
Ughh I can't wait
Can I just come over now????????
He'll probably be asleep by then

Seokjin
Betcha xx

Namjoon's texts suggests how much clingier he is without seeing Jin at night. One of the two usually comes over about twice or three times a week to have dinner, Taehyung would tease Namjoon about it making him sulk while Seokjin's ears would glow a deep red like they always do. Seokjin doesn't notice the crevice of his lips turning upwards before Jungkook points it out suddenly, having got out of the shower. His mop of hair is freshly damp, Jin's big tee covering his muscles and navy boxers that now belongs to Jungkook.