twenty six

"You haven't told him?!"

Taehyung's voice rumbles against the thick beige walls of their living room.

"I swear I will the next time I see him."

"That's what you said two weeks ago, hyung," Taehyung tsks. Taehyung rarely ever gets mad at his hyung, but this time Namjoon is getting on his nerves. Why hasn't he told Jin about moving? When is the "right time"? It's never the right time. How many times has it almost been the right time?

"If you won't tell him I will."

"No, Tae," Namjoon shakes his head, "I'll tell him I promise you."

Namjoon's lips fall into a thin line, his mind getting cloudier by the second. He sighs as his brother looks at him with annoyance. Trust him, he's been meaning to him to tell him, but now.. how?

Seokjin steps into Jiah's school with his biggest smile on his face. This is it, the day of the interview that will change his life forever. Now all he needs is to pass this interview. One step at a time, Jin.

Jin feels a tap on his shoulder.

"Yes?"

"Excuse me, are you here for the teacher interview?", a man with fluffy blonde hair asks. Jin recognises him, he's Namjoon's substitute. What was his name again? Jimmy?

Namjoon told Jimin the previous day that his friend is going for the interview, he needed help from Jimin because he will be having classes and couldn't accompany the guy.

"I'm Jimin."

Oh right, Jimin.

"Seokjin."

Jimin leads Seokjin into the principal's office, letting him sit on one of the chairs. Principal Bang is still having a meeting, so Jimin, being a good guy he is, keeps Jin company.

"So, how long have you been teaching?", Jimin wonders, resting his head on his hand.

"Ahh, actually.. uhmm.. I've never taught classes before, but my daughter, I have always taught her stuff."

"Oh," Jimin raises his eyebrows, interested, "so that's why your face looks so familiar. Can I ask who your daughter is?"

"It's Jiah, she's in Namjoonie's class."

Namjoonie? So this guy isn't just another parent to Namjoon?

"Oh, sorry, I meant Mr Kim Namjoon," Jin chuckles nervously. He should be more formal with his words, school is a workplace after all.

"It's fine," Jimin murmurs hesitantly. There was a slight tug on his chest. Who is this guy to Namjoon?

"So, are you and Namjoon-ssi close?", Jimin shifts closer from the sofa to Jin's side. His fingers tap against the velvet material, curious to know more about the two.

"Yes, he was actually the one who recommended me to join," Jin says briefly. He stares at the block in the office, the needle ticking slower than ever. He wonders if the principal has chosen someone else before him. No, Namjoon says he's likeable. The most likeable. He, surely, will get this job as long as he stays true to himself.

Before Jimin could interrogate further, Principal Bang stands behind the door, his big belly smiling widely at the two men. He invites Jin inside.

This is it, Jin. Don't mess up.

The interview went.. surprisingly well. It was a quick 20 minutes. Principal Bang's inviting aura makes Seokjin not as nervous as he thought he would act. Jin is not 100% sure he will get the job, but he is satisfied with himself for being able to get through this.