twenty five

A/N: hii it would mean a lot to me if you guys vote and comment! it would boost me to write more :D xx thank you for reading so far bbies ♡ 

Jin is not an open book. When people ask him how he is, he often replies with a reassuring smile and asks changes the topic instead, asking the other person the same question.

He has always been selfless, always prioritising others before himself. Spending more time for Jiah, working twice as hard for Jiah, hiding his pain for Jiah. He thought Jiah was everything he needed to be happy.

He is happy. He loves going to the park with her, running along the dewy grass as he gives her a piggy back ride, listening to her babbles as her imagination soars to match with the skies, pulling jokes on her and poking her nose with his. Jiah has helped Jin forget about those things in a while and just focus on the good things in life.

Jiah made Jin forget.

Namjoon taught Jin that those bad memories Jin wants to forget, don't last forever. Everything is temporary.

Everything goes.

It's okay to cry. It's okay to spill your guts out. It's okay to open up to someone. Someone that you trust, someone you know that will listen to you and comfort you without words. Someone with a warm embrace.

Someone like Namjoon.

Namjoon falls asleep on Seokjin's chest. The man's heartbeat thumps in a steady phase against his ear, his limbs adorned over Seokjin's tiny waist. He matches his breathing with his boyfriend's heartbeat.

In an instant, Namjoon goes into a deep slumber matching his heartbeat with Jin's.

Seokjin wakes up in the middle of the night to an empty bed. He reads the clock. It was 3.21 am. Where had Namjoon gone?

With lazy eyes, he gets out of bed, wanting a toilet break and to search for the man afterwards. He hasn't got a good sleep lately. However, with Namjoon to nuzzle against, somehow Jin falls asleep momentarily. Namjoon's chest was so comfortable, soft but firm like a bedding.

He finds Namjoon sitting on a lounger beside the full-size window, where the night view was evident for show. Although another building was blocking the view of the city, Namjoon payed attention upwards instead, where the dangling stars and the crescent moon is painted upon the blue black sky.

"Joonie?"

"Oh, hey," he lazily waves. Taking another lounger, Seokjin was the one who accompanies him this time. "Sorry to leave you, my mind jolts awake randomly and tends to stay that way for a bit. I'll get back with you soon."

Jin shakes his head, "No, it's fine. I wanna stay awake with you."

A little breeze from the window comes through, making the elder shiver. Namjoon shifts his seat closer to Jin and drapes his blanket over to Jin. Jin squeezes Joon's hand warmly as he follows Namjoon's lead to the sky.

"What are you thinking about?"

Jin senses the latter's worry. Even though he tries to hide it from his face, the tightness from his grip tells Jin otherwise.

Namjoon chuckles, "Nothing, babe." He kisses Jin's forehead. "Everything's fine."

Later, Namjoon reminds himself. I'll tell him about America later.

Namjoon wakes up when a vibration in his pocket buzzes. From the notifications, Taehyung had mass texted him along with the ones in the morning.

Taehyung:
Hyung
where are you?
I woke up and shouted ur name and when I checked u were nowhere in your room
wait don't tell me
you're at Jin hyung's house?
😏