twenty four

warning: sad chapter, bring in the tissues

Seokjin has dreamed of going to sleepovers before. Living in a conservative country, little boy Seokjin, aged 10, has always wanted to be invited to a sleepover just like those popular girls do. He wanted a night out with his guys and talk about nothing to everything. He wanted to play truth or dare and have someone spill gossip about his classmates in school and dance until midnight to pop songs. However, he didn't get the chance to experience any of those things.

Approximately sixteen years later, Seokjin finally has the chance to have someone sleep over in his house. But it's not just a random someone, it's his boyfriend.

"Can't sleep," Seokjin mumbles through the phone in a teasing tone, although Namjoon can't quite catch it on the other side.

"Hmm, and what do I have to do with that?" Joon teases back. He was waiting for that call from Jin since 10 pm. Now that it's midnight and he finally has called, Namjoon can't help but feel excited, the grip tight on his blanket.

"Come over."

The request comes out in only a whisper, but Namjoon was already satisfied with it.

"I'll be there."

Namjoon has never gone to Seokjin's house, opposing to the latter who has been to Joon's several times. He's curious about his home, what vibe Jin has created in his little space, how much memories the man has and just what Jin would look like as a home.

The man lives in a residential apartment, one of those huge buildings made specially for renting. Namjoon's mind is still awake from his previous encounter with Jimin. He checks his phone, 12.47 am.

He texts Jin, not wanting to ring the bell to disturb the other residents. The parent rushes through the door to reveal a lazy smile on Joon's lips, wearing light blue koala pyjamas matched with the slippers Jin has borrowed last time. His shoulders are slumped as his hands rest in his pocket. Jin scans the man's outfit, wanting to let out a good laugh.

"Can I come in?"

Seokjin responses by widening the gap between the door.

The space is small, but enough for an adult and a child to live in. There is a grey arm sofa situated in the living room along with a old fashioned TV. The walls are almost empty except for two miniature frames of Jiah.

"Sorry if this doesn't meet your expectations," Jin says, hand on the back of his neck.

Namjoon shakes his head, placing a delicate hand on his shoulder and pressing it gently, "Don't worry about me, I'm just here for your company."

Jin leads the younger to his room. Inside is just as dull as the living room, there was no hint of Seokjin anywhere in this place.

"Jiah and I move a lot so I'd rather not spend more money on decorating," Jin explains as if knowing what's on Joon's mind.

"How long have you lived here?" Namjoon skims the room.

"A couple months," he shrugs.

Jin lays down onto the semi-hard mattress (from what Namjoon can observe, the second Jin touches the mattress there was a creek that came out of it. Namjoon assumes it was the broken spring). The teacher grabs a seat and sits down beside Jin.

Jin asks with furrowed eyebrows, "babe, what're you doing?"

"Accompanying."