twenty nine

A/N: merry christmas 🎄 here's my present to u beautiful bbies! don't forget to vote & comment pls <33

He's leaving.

Seokjin repeats those two words in his head. He parts his lips. Says it out loud.

"Namjoon's.. leaving."

The two words ring inside his head continuously like a neverending carousel in an amusement park. If Namjoon's drunk mind speaks sober words, then why didn't Namjoon say anything about it?

Namjoon is leaving. But, where to? Where is he going? The only message Jin was able to capture before the man's slumber is the first letter of the place, A.

"Hyung, are you alright?", Jungkook questions, concern pooling through his irises.

Jin ignores his friend. Stares at the car before him. The oil dripping onto his hands and spilling through his dirty t-shirt.

The creases of Jin's lids burn. The man has been staring into nothingness for approximately five and a half minutes. He blinks repeatedly, his cornea getting numb and suddenly Jin just wants to close his eyes and sleep forever. Forget all of this ever happened.

Jungkook waves on his hyung's face cooly, disturbing him from his trance.

"Something's bothering you," he states. Even though Seokjin was unmoving the whole time, the corner of his bottom lip slips out and slightly trembles at his sentence. Jungkook notices.

The younger slips his hands onto Jin's and lets the elder relax into his touch, giving into their interlacing hands.

"I- I- uh", Jin stutters, unable to form a sentence.

"Let's stop working for now and talk."

Jungkook leads them to the locker room and Jin follows behind, mind clouded.

The elder senses his bottom on the sofa (the whole time, Jin was doing everything half-conscious. Jungkook lead him up until then). Jungkook gives him another worried look. Seokjin so badly wanted to say that he's fine, that this small thing shouldn't bother him at all because he doesn't even know the real reason why drunk Namjoon had said what he said. But he'd be lying if he does.

"Namjoon said he's leaving."

The words seems foreign to his mouth, a bitter taste lingering on his tongue.

"Where to?"

"I- I don't know. Who knows."

Jungkook squeezes his grip on his hyung. He pokes Jin's cheeks, lightening the mood. "Thinking so hard, aren't ya? Don't worry, hyung, it's probably a misunderstanding."

Jin chuckles briefly.

"'M trying not to."

Jungkook's right. He doesn't need to worry.

Seokjin turns his off phone for the weekend, hoping it'll get his mind off things. Jungkook was quick to brighten the mood every time he senses sadness throughout the room. He cracks jokes and annoys the hell out of Jin, which is what he does best. Surprisingly, it works for Jin, most of the time.

Jungkook was also lucky enough to meet the one and only Jiah. The little girl was so scared of Jungkook at first, meeting big strange men wasn't exactly her forte, but her father seemed to pretty much be surrounded by them. Jiah is always shy at first, backing away and hiding behind Jin's trousers as she holds on to Jin's belt. However, when Jungkook showed his signature bunny smile, Jiah giggles cutely and instantly melts as she copies Jungkook's smile, making him laugh. After that it was easy for her to open up to the tall man.