Chapter One

Monsters exist. Heroes died. Hell has taken over the world, put humans into slavery, killed men, women, and children, but there are still warriors, who are recruited. This is our world, where kids at the age of thirteen begin fighting the dangers that face our world; they train and at the age of eighteen they will be put out into the real world. Schools were built everywhere, and kids were moved up based on their age. My world was a little different, my brother and I were trained ever since we could walk; we were put into battle once we reached seven years old. Today my parents are transferring me and my brother to a new school, before we were homeschooled but since my dad and mom are going to be leaving for quite some time, they thought it was best for us to go to a real school where we will interact with other groups.

"Rose! Come on, we're going to be late!" My brother, Jay, yells from downstairs. I pick up my bags and continue downstairs. I find my brother sitting on the steps playing with his phone. Jay and I look similar, black hair, mine is long and his is buzzed, both dark brown eyes, same jawline.

"Alright, I'm here, big brother." I say kicking him, lightly. 

"Good, we're leaving now. You got everything?" I nod in response and we walk out of the house, but I take one last glance of my old house, it may be dusty, but it was my home. I close the door and see my parents waiting in the big van. My mom is in a black suit, brown eyes, her dark hair, which is partially grey, is tied up. My dad with his black hair, also black suit, and green eyes.

We throw our bags in the back and get in, "Why you dressed up?" I asked buckling up and closing the door.

"We have to look good for your orientation, besides, it is always good to dress to impress." My mom said looking through papers. I look down at my clothes to see that I am wearing jeans with a loose black shirt and I roll my eyes.

The car then takes off and we head to our new school. As we go, houses are all boarded up, fences are up, and the world is now trashed. I wish I knew what the world was like before the demons came, instead of the warriors life. I put my earplugs in and lean my head back against the seat, we ride in silence along the way, but it isn't long before we stop at a gas station. "Alright, fuel up we have just another hour before we reach the school." My dad said as we all get out. 

"Jay, can you get me some stuff? I'm going to go to the bathroom." He nods and we all part ways, I go to the bathroom that is on the side of the building. After using the bathroom, I look out to the field behind the gas station and see a couple running, right behind them is a demon, he has black eyes, dark hair, and wearing sloppy clothing. I instantly charge after him, running past the couple, and I tackle the demon. I pull the knife out and stick it through his heart, but it doesn't faze him; he smiles and kicks me off him, causing me to fly back far.

"Silly girl." He said in a rough voice, getting up. Getting up quickly I swing my body around kicking him backwards, he throws a punch at my face, but I dodged it and grab my other knife in my boot and charge after him, once more, and as I'm on top of him I repeatedly stab him. His eyes go white, which means he was sent back to hell.

"Rose!" Jay yells running up, I get up and grab my knives, he looks down at the body and back at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just fine. Let's go." I said walking towards him out of breath, but I grab his shoulder due to a slight stinging pain on my side.

Once we reach the car, my mom and dad are sitting in the car waiting for us. We both get in, "Good work, Rose." My dad said and drives off. I rest back down in my seat, ignoring the pain.

We reach a huge school, which almost looks like a castle. Students are walking around the campus getting into groups; friends hugging each other, and teachers greeting the newcomers. Everybody on campus is carrying a knife and a gun by their side. Jay gets out first and he hands me my bag as I get out the van. My parents immediately find one of the teachers and bring them over but everyone walking around stops, staring at my parents. The teacher has black clothes on and I look over at Jay, "Great, everyone knows about our parents. We'll fit in here perfectly."