Chapter Three

The teacher left with only Kyle, Isaac, and me in the room. Isaac puts his bags on the bed in the middle, but I pick them up and toss them onto the floor. I then go back into the kitchen area and fill my cup back up with water, while Kyle sits on his bed and Isaacjust stares at me; I stare back, "What?"

"It's funny that we got paired up together, isn't it?" He asked smiling and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up, we are only roommates, not friends, nothing. We are nothing." I said slamming my cup down.

"Did you pass that note to him?" Isaac asked pointing his thumb at Kyle.

"Kyle is friends with me and my brother. Leave him alone, you really don't want to piss me off today." I said sitting on my bed, I laid my head back on the pillow at the ceiling.

"Fine, so what your parents just left you here? I'm surprised they even let you out of their sight." I eye Isaac. "I mean considering everything." 

"Isaac, shut up." I go to my dresser and grab a new outfit, a black tank top annd jeans, I go to the huge bathroom, the room doesn't look this big on the outside but as I keep looking around the room seems to be much bigger.

I put the clothes on and I opened the door and walked out putting my shirt on, but Isaac takes hold of my hand before the shirt reaches my waist, "What happened?" Kyle gets up quickly pushing Isaac back and I look down to the spot where Isaac was referring; a huge purple bruise is along my side; the demon must have kicked me harder than I thought, since the bruse had spread. 

"It's none of your concern, on what happened to me." I then grab my phone off the bed and walk out, I reach the door and turn around to see Isaac and Kyle staring at each other, "Kyle, can you help me?" I asked nodding towards the door as he looks at me, we walk out. 

"What do you need help with?" He asks quietly, and I then stop.

"Well, I didn't want there to be a fight in a room," I begin saying giving him a smile. "Also, I was going to go see my brother, but I have no idea what room he is in, and thanks for that back there."

"Oh, yeah, sure. No problem. This way." We go in the opposite direction we were heading and after going down a couple hallways, Kyle knocks on the door.

I hear footsteps on the other side and then a loud squel, "Kyle, what a surprise. Did you come all the way over here just to see me?"

I then laugh, and Kyle leans back, bumping into me, "No," I said walking from behind him, "We came to see my brother." Her face then drains, and I push past her to see Jay laying on his bed with headphones on. I flopped down on the bed, causing him to jump in surprise and as he looks at me, he smiles. 

"You play too much, Rose." He pushes me back some and I giggle.

"Yeah, well I need excitement since Isaac is now my new roommate." Jay sits up quickly, angry.

"That asshole."

"No, you mean that handsome man." Donna says raising her eyebrows and looking at me. "I mean the way he makes love, is incredible. Isn't that right, Rose?" I get up quickly, attacking her and slamming her against the wall. I throw a punch at her face until Jay holds me back. "You broke my nose!" She cries out holding her nose, with blood running down to her lip.

"You deserve it, maybe you deserve somethign else." I then charge after her again, but she runs outside, and Jay grabs me again.

"Rose, it's okay. She's gone."

"What did she mean?" Kyle then asks as Jay releases me.

"My relationship with Isaac is more complicated than what I made it. Just don't worry about it." I say as I crack my neck.

"Well, would you two like to hang out with me and my friends today?" Kyle then asks, I look at him and know that he is trying to help me but distracting me.

"Sure. Jay, what about you?" I turn around and he nods his head. "What are you guys doing?"

"We're just going to hang out at the park." I nodded my head and we walk out and head outside. We walk for the longest time before we reach an empty park, except Lonnie, James, and Clint are sitting at a table under a shed.

"Hey, you brought the Moore's." James said holding his arms out.

"Don't call us that." I say similing. I then sit down beside Clint, Jay sits beside Lonnie, and Kyle sits beside James. 

"Hey, I saw Donna running with a bloody nose. Nice job." Clint says smiling at me and I study his brown eyes and there is something about him, that makes me feel different.

"Thanks." I then shift uncomfortably in my seat. "What are you plans for today?"

"We might just hang out here for a while and then walk around, you might find a store you like." Lonnie says looking up from his phone.

"Okay, sounds great. We should try to get used to school, I guess."

"You never went to school?" James asks. Jay and I eye each other.

"No, we were home-schooled. They wanted to train us themselves." Jay says speaking up, but we are both thinking about the same thing; how unfair our parents are to me.

"Well, come on. I want to show you two this awesome view of the school." Cling says looking straight at me and getting up. Jay and I follow everybody else into the woods and slowly reach the top of a cliff where the sun is rising, and we can see the school, surrounded by a wide land with trees all around. The dark castle, or school, looks amazing, there are students walking around and hugging their friends, it almost makes me sad that Jay and I never got to make friends or enjoy free time like this. Jay and I were happy once our parents told us that we were going to a real school, we knew we wouldn't have to listen to their lessons. 

"It's incredible." I said walking closer to the cliff's edge, but Clint grabs my arm. I look up at him but then quickly back down at the school. I begin to frown as I see dark shadow figurs appearing from the trees near the school; demons. I quickly jump  from the cliff and climb down from different ledges until I reach the bottom and I continue to run as fast as I can. I reach the dark figures after running for a while, I get there before anybody else realizes what is going on. I grab my knives from both of my boots.

The demons face me, about ten of them in front of me. I get in my attack stance and focus on every demon, dark shadows around them, their faces are barely visible. I then charge after them attacking the first one in the heart, turning aorund to hit the next one, and I keep attacking each one of them until they are all dead on the ground, with white eyes; they then disappear in the dark shadows. I have black blood smudged all over my skin and I begin to walk off until black smoke wraps around me, forcing me back. What the hell?  I am turned around and face a man with light brown hair and black eyes, he smiles at me as I try to wiggle free. 

"Rose!" Jay yelled; the man then hardens his face and grunts. He swings his arm and I am sent flying across the field. I am rolling on the ground and as I look up I see that the man is gone, and the guys are funning to me along with other students. I get up holding onto Jay's shoulder, still looking in the direction where the strange man was.

"Are you okay?" Jay asks; I then break my focus and look at him nodding and release my grip from his shoulder.

"Let's go. Can you guys show me where your councilor or principle is?" I look at them and they all nod, we walk off, but we don't go far since soldeirs begin to come out. "What happened?" The main soldier asks, and I straighten up my posture.

"We were attacked. Demons about twelve and there was one that disappeared, he was after something." I respond strongly and the soldier's eyes pierced through me.

"Rose, I think he was after you." Jay then says walking up.

"Alright, all of you come with me." The soldier deamands, and we follow behind him.