Chapter Nineteen

I go to the outside part of the school, where there are cars parked in a parking lot. I look in the cars as I pass by and find a car with the keys inside. I try to open it, but it is closed, I sigh and put my head down. I take my gun and bust the window and unlocked the door. I get in and crank the car up; the passenger door then swings open and I pull my gun and aim to see Kyle. I sigh, "Kyle, what the hell are you doing?"

"Coming with you. He's my best friend and I made a promise."

"He's not dead." I snap and lower my gun.

"I know, I made a promise to protect you though." He says hopping into the car.

"I don't need protecting. I have been out there in the real world, you haven't." I said looking at him, flipping my hair.

"We are actually here to protect you." I frown and then suddently the doors in the back open and Lonnie, James, and Jay hop in.

"Son of a bitch. Listen, if you go you listen to whatever I or Jay say, understand?" I look between Lonnie, James, and then Kyle. They all nod and I start the car and back out. I look in the rearview mirror to see my parents running after us.

The car is silent as we ride until Kyle turns the radio on and I quickly turn it off. "How are you going to find them?" Kyle asks and the others lean in.

"They would make it easy, so it can't be far from now." My phone begins to buzz in my jacket, I dig it out and answer. "Hello?"

"Rose, where do you think you're going?" My mom asks frantic. "You get your asses back here now with your brother and those boys."

"Sorry mom, we're on a mission. Demons attacked, took an innocent, on the way there, and you are really distracting me right now." I say quickly, and it is like I can barely recognize myself.

"I don't care, you can go on your mission tomorrow. When you actually have a mission."

"I don't have time to..." I then trail off. "Wait, where is the mission?"

"South from here, it's the old Coca-Cola factory. Wait why?" My mom asks worried.

"Listen, I don't need to explain to you. I'll talk to you later." I hang up the phone and toss it out the window.

"Rose, I am not paying for a new phone." Jay says looking in the back glass.

"Don't worry about it." I say in a monotone voice. "The place isn't too far away."

I increase my speed and stay focused on the road, not listening to anything else. The sun begins to blind me, I put down the sun advisor and then begin to slow down. I see a big factory and pull onto the road before reaching the factory. I get out and start to head to the factory, but Kyle grabs my shoulder. "Whoa, are we just going to go in there guns a blazing?" 

"No, we scout out the place and see what we're dealing with. Good thinking, Kyle, I almost forgot something." I go back to the driver's side and get a piece of glass from the broken window.

"What are you doing with that?" Lonnie asks, but I walk past him. "What is she doing with that?" 

I approach the factory and quickly go against the wall. I slide along the wall and look in through a window, to see nothing. "It has to be a trap, they must know that we're coming." I take the knife and dig it into my forearm and drag it down. The blood begins to run down my arm and fall to the ground. Kyle comes to me and grabs my arm, "Relax." I whisper and begin to rub it against the brick building and go around the building. I then peak over the window that is on the other side and still nothing; suddenly shadows started to appear. "Vampires." I whisper leaning over to look at Jay.