Chapter Eighteen

I head back to my room, noticing that the door is half-cracked. I slowly open the door to see that the room has been trashed. My clothes are scattered everywhere along the floor; Kyle is unconscious on the floor and I immediately rush to him. "Kyle? Kyle?" I shrug him and then check his pulse, a heartbeat. "Wake up!" I grunt.

His eyes slowly begin to flutter open, "Rose? What the hell happened?" He slowly begins to get up, he puts his arm around me and I try to pick him up, but his body goes limp and he grunts out in pain. I lay his head in my lap, "Damn it, I'm sorry." He sighs out, putting his hand on his head and closing his eyes.

"Sorry? For what? Kyle, what happened here?" I asked looking him up and down, seeing that there is no blood.

"I don't know how they were able to pass the security for the dorms. It was demons, they came here looking for you." I frown then immediately think about Jay.

"I need to go check on Jay. Kyle, are you hurt? Can you walk?" I ask examining him again, my hand ends up on his face. 

He takes hold of my hand, "I'm fine. Go look for Jay." I lower his head and slowly move my hand away. I rush out of the room as fast as I can. 

I charge to Jay's dorm and bang on the door, "Jay! Are you there?" I call out, but I don't hear anything. I then kick the door and bust into the room. I look around and then notice Isaac and Donna in bed together. "Whoa!" I quickly cover my eyes.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Donna asks angrily.

"Where is my brother?" I ask frantically.

Isaac gets up and comes to me, frowning. "Is everything okay?" He reaches out for me but I immediately back away.

"You do not touch me. Just tell me where Jay is?" I put my hands on my hips.

"He was talking to your parents then went to go train." I then walk away and slam the door and continue running outside. I run through the coldness and reach the training building.

Jay is hitting a punching bag in a grey tank top and black sweatpants. I run up to him and he sees me, "Rose? What are you doing here?"

"I needed to check on you. Someone trashed my dorm and attacked Kyle, he said they were looking for us." I explain almost out of breath.

Jay puts his hand on my shoulder, "I'm good. I haven't seen anything."

"This is weird. Why would they come here looking for us, secretly, and then just up and leave?" I asked myself, putting my hand on my head, pacing back and forth. I think and think, full of frustration, and think even more, then it clicks. "Oh no. Jay, they came here looking for us, but then they came up with a new plan." I begin to charge out the room and crash into Lonnie and James.

"Rose! Jeez!" James says, bending down. "Are you two alright? We saw Kyle and..." He trails off and I frown but remember my thought.

"Lonnie, James, where is Clint? I have to find him, now." I ask demanding. I look between the two and they don't say anything, and exchange looks. "What is it? Please, don't tell me they took him?" There is still no response and they close their eyes and nod.

I get up and put a stern look on my face and charge to my dorm. I go to my suitcase and unzip the second part and pull out a black long sleeve shirt, jeans, and a leather jacket. I pull it on and come back out with my hair in a ponytail; I then begin to arm myself with all the weapons that were under the clothes. A gun on one side and another gun on the other side; a knife in my boots and the dagger against my back; I put holy water in my coat pocket, then I put extra clips on the outside of my jacket and inside pocket.

"Rose?" Kyle and the rest come in. "Are you leaving?"

"Yes, you're not going to stop me." I say sternly, trying to push past them but Jay stops me. "Jay, don't do this right now."

"This is what they want, like you said they came up with a better plan. They want to draw us out."

"I'm giving them what they want; along with war." I take his hand and sling it off me. There is no negotiation for peace.

"Rose, where are you going?" My mom asked behind me as I leave the room. I turn around and see her with dad.

"On a mission." I say and then I continue to walk off.