Chapter Eleven

We go to the arcade which was in the opposite direction of the training building and enter the building, where it is dark and bright lights that is flashing and illuminating the room. The arcade is full of people and kids running back and forth and games, where the screen is shining bright which allows me to see the floor. "Clint," I say nervously. "I've never played an arcade game before."

"What?" He asks stopping and turning around. "We have got to change that." He says smiling and grabbing my hand; we go to a game, 'Mario Kart'. "Look." He says putting a coin in the slot and as he plays, I begin to become entranced in the game as he dodges bombs and bananas. "Now, your turn." He says as he purposely loses.

"I don't think I can do this." I say laughing. 

"Nope, you have to try." He says bringing me closer to him and taking my hands to put them on top of the joystick. Clint slides his arms around my waist and buries his head into my neck and then puts his chin against my neck. As I start to get the hang of it, something flies back and hits my kart. I sigh out and put my head down, "Hey, you did better than my first time."

"Yeah right." I say turning around and putting my hands behind his neck.

"If you two are done, can you please leave?" I hear a girl's voice say and as I turn my head to the right I see a girl, dressed casually.

"What are you talking about?" Clint asks before I could, he sounds offended.

"What I'm talking about is that ever since she showed up here with her brother we have had more attacks than ever. The demons keep coming here for her, obviously. So, before they show up here, she needs to leave so that they can take her or kill her." I frown as I process what she is saying. 

"Hey, we do not do that to our classmates." Clint says lowering his hands as I let go of him. 

"At the end of the day it would be one sacrifice for the rest of humanity. I'm just pointing out the obvious, her being here is only going to get people hurt or killed."

"Then it will be great practice and keep us alert. That is something that you should be learning about, Wanda." Clint says sincerer.

I consider her eyes but not completely since she is keeping her focus on Clint; the way she looks at him, admiration, and the way he looks at her , full of hatred, makes me feel curious.

"Do you two know each other?" I asked curiously diffusing the situation.

"Yes, we do. I'm his ex-girlfriend." She says crossing her arms.

"Oh." I say not sure what to say next.

"Don't act like I was the bad guy, you were the one who cheated on me. Don't throw Rose into our drama."

"I'm not throwing her into our drama, she really does need to go before people get hurt."

I look down, full of hurt and thinking deeply. "You know, I don't even feel like hanging out tonight. I am actually really tired because I have been training on how to save, the people who don't want to fight, lives." I say giving a forced smile to Wanda and turning around to leave. I keep walking and hide my face as I pass by the others, who are talking and laughing; I walk out the arcade and storm off.

"Rose! Wait!" Clint calls out running behind me and I stop to face him. "Don't go, please."

"She's right, Clint. I only hurt people." I say throwing my hands up in the ari and then letting them down. "I might get you killed too." I say sighing.

"This is our job, Rose. We risk our lives to fight demons." He takes hold of my hand and brings me close. "We do things for the people we care about and I care about you." He cuffs my face and brings my face close to his as he leans down. Our lips touch and I only want more of his kiss, his touch. 

I put my arms around his neck and bring him to me. As we kiss he smiles and so do I. Our kiss becomes heated and he rests his hand on my hips as we back up; I hit something, a tree. Clint starts to moves his kiss from my lips to my neck.

"Oh." We hear a voice say from behind the trees. We pull back from each other and that's when we see Al staring at us with his arms crossed and disappointed.

"Oh, uh, hey Al." I say embarrassed. "Sorry, is it against the rules?"

Al walks closer to us, "No, it's not against the rules; but I must say that I am very disappointed with you and this behavior." 

I frown, "Disappointed?"

"Yes, you are supposed to be the responsible one but instead you're going around and parading yourself around guys."

"Parading myself around guys? What the hell are you talking about?" I asked angrily.

"Yes, you know your parents don't want you to be messing around with boys; besides you belong with me." I raise my eyebrows and see him rocking back and forth.

"Al, you're drunk and you're going to do something you're going to regret." I say approaching him with my hands stretched out towards him. 

"Rose," Clint says coming behind me. "Be careful." 

"You! You took her away from me!" Al yells at Clint. Al grabs my hand and throws me against the tree, causing me to hit my head. I roll over on my back, barely hearing anything; I look up and see Al withdraw his gun on Clint, who is coming towards me. I immediately push Clint back on his back and stand in front of him; I try to reach for his gun, but everything happened so fast that I suddenly hear a gunshot and a sharp pain in my right shoulder. 

I stop and look down at my shoudler to see blood begin to spread. I look up at Al, whose expresstion is concerned and scared. I straighten up and punch Al with my left hand and take his gun, tossing it away from him. I stumble back, and trip on a rock and fall on the ground. "Rose?" Clint quickly crawls to me.

"I'm fine." I say slowly, gulping.

Clint looks back and I raise my head, looking back and then turning my body to see what he is looking at. I then see Jay, Kyle, Donna, Lonnie, and James running to us. "We heard a gunshot, what happened?" Kyle asks and then he looks down at me. "Oh my god."

"I'm fine." I say slowly raising up; I grab Clint's hand and once I get up I just become weak in Clint's arms; he puts my arm around his shoulder and brings me close to him. 

"No, you're not. Take care of Al while I attend to her wound." Clint demands angrily. We turn around, but stop beside Al. "You son-of-a-bitch." We then continue walking on to the dorms.

We enter  a room, that is like my room, but it is just a little messier and only has one bed. "Where are we?" I ask mumbling with my head feeling weak and slowly falling.

"It's my room." He says smiling and lays me on his bed, carefull; he then looks under his bed and pulls out alcohol and a bandage.

"You don't have a roommate?"

"No, I only said I did to make you jealous and to make you think that I had a femal roommate." He says smiling and takes scissors off the table to cut my shirt sleeve. He pours alcohol on it and I wince then he begins to put the bandage around my shoulder. "Better?" He asks cuffing my face.

"Yeah," I get up and move my arm in a circle. "Thanks." 

"No, thank you. You were willing to take a bullet for me."

"Yes. Like you said we don't do that to our classmates." I say smiling, I look deeply into his eyes and twitch my lip. "Come here." I say smiling wide. He comes close and our lips touch. He gets into bed and he brushes a piece of my hair behind my ear and I lay next to him.