Chapter Ten

Kyle checks my wound before I leave to go to training, which him and Jay tried to talk me out of it. I go into the training room and Al and Isaac look at me full of concern, "Are you okay?" They both ask.

"I'm fine, I might need to take it easy though." I say holding my side. "Don't nobody say anything about this. I don't need my parents finding out about this."

"Fine, but why were they here?" Al asks putting his hands on his hips looking between me and Isaac. 

"Don't know yet. I think that the demons are preparing for something big. They seem to be attacking a lot lately." I say walking past them. 

"Rose, how about you take a day off, I need to train Isaac some more." I nod and leave the building heading back to my room. 

"Hey, Rose! Come over here." James calls out, he is sitting at a picnic table with other students. 

I walk over and as I approach I cross my arms, "Aren't you in a class? I don't think I should be interrupting."

"No, it's good. Come sit beside me."

I sit beside him and look down at his book, "Demons class?"

"Yeah, it is a cool class, actually. It is like a final class to help prepare us for battle." 

"Mister Charleston, will you tell me how to kill or weaken a demon?" A man asks coming to the table, he is wearing a black tux and has knives and guns on his side belts. 

"Um, yeah, it is..." James begins to say, looking through his notebook.

"How about you Miss. Moore." He then asks looking at me smiling. 

"You get a special weapon to be blessed or an ancient dagger and if you strike a demon then they will weaken. Stabbing them through their heart then that will cause them to die, but it causes a lot of force and you must wait for their eyes to turn white." I say staring at him, scared that I might have gotten James into trouble. 

"Very good, Miss. Moore. James, I would like you to get tutored by Miss. Moore. I have too many students to tutor and I think she will be a great tutor. That goes for anybody else, who is wanting to help. Is that okay Miss. Moore?"

"Yeah sure. I don't want anybody to fail this class; it is important." I say smiling.

"Great, I'm Mr. Gren. If you ever need anything, then come see me. Alright class dismissed. Please study tonight, since we have a test tomorrow." James nudges my shoulder and quickly gets up. I get up with him and follow him. 

"I don't need any help, I have the highest grade in that class." He says smiling and I look over at him, frowning. "I like to surprise Mr. Gren with my high grades, so I sort of play dumb in class; also, I give the other kids the hope that they are smarter than others."

"Really, wow, I guess you are smart." I say smiling. 

"Thanks. So, um, you and Clint?"

"How did you find out about that?" I ask quickly.

"Clint told us. He is super mad about you. I talked to the guys this morning and I'm just a little down today because Kyle is dating Donna again."

"So, Clint was right." I whisper to myself. "As long as he is happy." I say optimistic.

"No, that's the thing. He isn't and it's like Donna does something to him because he acts like a different person around her."

"Wow, I'm sorry to hear that." 

"It's cool, I'm just going to let this play out. They'll stop dating in a week." He says looking through his books and then closes it. "Listen, I have to tell you this, before you get mad. You may not see Clint for a few days."