Chapter Seventeen

For a whole month, Clint and I spent everyday together and once a week we went out either to the movies; arcade, since it didn't go well last time; bowling; and he always had a special place to eat, Mexican. We had definitely gotten closer and it's nice to have something special with someone without having to worry about anything. 

Clint and I are coming back from our date night and our hands are intertwined. We just watched a movie for tonight since my parents are coming in tomorrow. "How was tonight?" He always asks me that after date night.

"It was amazing, as usual." I smile. "Stop being afraid I am not going to be pleased or happy." 

"I know, it's just I love you and I want you to be happy, always." He then freezes along with me once we both noticed what he just said and he looks scared now.

"I love you too." I respond, smiling. He applies his lips to mine and I back up into his door. Our kiss becomes intense and we can feel both of our love. "We should go to bed. I have to wake up early in the morning because of my parents." He nods and we head inside. I always stay with him on date nights. 

Jay comes by at four in the morning to get me and I try my best to not wake Clint up. We head to Marty Wells office, where our parents are in there talking with him; our dad is wearing, obviously, a black tux, and our mom is wearing a black dress suit. They turn around as we enter, and our parents see us; they run to us and hug us, including me. Jay and I both frown. "Hugging? Shocking." I say full of sarcasm.

"Rose," My mom says, stern. "We are going to work on it." 

"We promise." My dad then says. 

"You have the potential to do something great very soon and we need you to be stronger than ever. It will all make sense in the future." I frown as my mom says that. "Don't question it." She then orders and I know this is the best I am going to get. 

"Fine, but eventually I will question it." I then respond.

"We will discuss this later." My dad then says and we nod.

"We heard everything that has happened here. Through it all you have managed to sacrifice your life to save others. Very good. We heard about your instructor, Al, that was just horrible." My mom says in a stern, yet, polite voice. 

"So, you're not going to blame me for any of the unfortunate events? Not mad at me for any reason?" They both eyes me and I realize I should give them a chance. They do need to understand that it is going to take me a while though. "Listen, there is a problem with these attacks. They are here for me and Jay."

"We know. We heard about the dance incident, although neither of you told Principal Wells. We are looking into what they want with you two, so stay alert."

"Rose, let me see your shoulder. Al said he shot you in the shoulder." They went to see Al? Mom comes beside and slowly lowers the shirt down my shoulder and it is basically healed. "You treated it well; how about the wound from the dance?" Al must have told them everything. 

"It's fine. It's been about a month and a half." I respond pulling my sleeve up and that is when I decided I wanted to give them the news. "Listen, since you guys are in a good mood I figure I should tell you that I have a boyfriend. His name is Clint." I said folding my arms. 

"Well," My mom says clearing her throat. "You haven't seen Isaac?"

"I am not getting back together with him, ever. Now, I would like to go back to sleep." I yawned turning around.

"Fine, go ahead, but you will be going on a mission tomorrow." Dad says smiling. "I would like to meet this Clint fella." 

I shake my head and leave the room. I head outside, and the cold air slightly hits me. "Hey, beautiful." A familiar voice says behind me and wraps their arms around me.

I grab their arm and turn them over me, causing them to fall onto the ground. I lay on top of them. "Hey." I said smiling as I see Clint's face.

"Damn, that was a very aggressive greeting." He shifts his head, wincing.

I laugh and leaned down, kissing him. "What are you doing up at four in the morning?" I asked leaning back and standing up, bringking him up with me. 

"Looking for you. I heard you leave this morning and wanted to come see how you were doing after dealing with your parents. How did it go?"

"It actually went well. They know everythign about what happened and they seemed to handle it well. I also told them about you." Clint smiles, which makes me smile because I don't think he wants to hide our relationship. We both knew we were really tired and headed back to bed. This is the most sleep I have ever gotten my whole. Things feel normal.

I wake up, rubbing my eyes, I look over to see Clint facing me with his eyes closed. I look over at his clock and it's six-thirty, I get up and go to the bathroom. I walk out and lay back down. "Hey." Clint whispers, coming close to me. 

"Hey, do you have class?" I asked turning to face him.

"Yeah, I won't get out of class until one-thirty. I'll find you, later." He turns my face to his and then smothers my lips with his. "I have to go." He says putting his forehead on mine. "You can stay here as long as you want, love you." He gets up and puts on his clothes in the bathroom and then walks out the door. I roll over to face the way Clint was laying and just sit there, thinking.