Chapter Thirteen

I go to the spot that Clint had showed me my first day here; the spot I was at when I first fought the demons here. I sat on the ground and look at my shoulder as blood slowly pours down. I start to become faint and all I do is just lay back, hitting my head hard. I put my hand over the shoulder and feel the cold and warm blood. I begin to cry because I know that my life will never be normal, and I don't know what to do with Kyle, and Al shot me. My life is a mess. "Rose?" I heard a voice call out and I turned around to see Clint. 

My heart begins to race, and I am at a loss of words. "Clint..." I trail off as I wipe my tears away and he sees my red eyes. 

"Rose, what's wrong? What happened?" He asks sitting beside me and then he sees my arm. 

"Clint, please don't get mad." I say taking his hands into mine. "Kyle kissed me."

Clint's face hardens, "Did he hurt you?" He asks sternly and begins to touch my shoulder and analyze it.

"No, he didn't mean too. I accidently fell and hit it. Just don't get mad at him, Clint." I put my hand on his face. 

"What am I supposed to do then?" He asks also holding my hand.

"Just let it go, he won't do it again. He feels bad about it and is probably scaared to lose his best friend. Just talk to him about it, very calmly."

"Fine, but I don't want you near us when we talk." He says sincere.

"Okay." I whisper. He brings me close and kisses my forehead. He takes his jacket off and then tears of a piece of his shirt to tie around my shoulder and then he puts the jacket around me. "Clint, I have to keep you a secret from my parents for a while. At least until I figure out how to tell them." 

"That's okay. I understand." He says looking down at me and I smile, burying my face on his shoulder. 

I stayed at the spot for a couple minutes alone while Clint went to talk to Kyle. It starts to get colder out, even though I promised Clint I would wait for him to come back, I decided to go back. As I go to my dorm I notice that the door is half cracked, and I lean against the wall as I hear voices mumbling something. "Clint, I am really sorry."

"No, I get it. We are friends and I say that we are about even now, you did tell me you liked Rose first, but I went for anyway. You ended up stealing a kiss from her so yeah I think we're good." Kyle told Clint he liked me before he asked me out? "Listen, I know that I haven't told Rose yet, but you know our birthday is in a few days and we will be put on the list. Rose took a bullet for me and I just need to know that if something happens to me that you will protect her and get her to safety, along with yourself."

"You know I would protect her, but I can't promise you anything. She could probably kick my ass and I wouldn't leave you either." I just stay against the wall, listening to them talk about death. They already think they're going to die. 

"Hey." Jay whispers behind me. I jump and turn around. "Spying?"

"Shut up." I whisper slapping his arm. He then looks down at my arms and frowns; I hold my hand out and go back to the wall.

"Listen, I care for her and I know you do too, that is why I am asking for you to take care of her." Clint says sorrowful. 

"Jay, let's go." I say walking away and grabbing his arm. I walk outside and the coldness hits me. "I want to leave."

"What?" He asks confused. "I thought you liked it here?" 

"I do, but Clint and Kyle's birthday are in a few days and they will be put in the field with us. Clint thinks he is going to die out there."

"Why do you want to leave then?"

"Because...I don't want to lose them, and you heard them demons say they wanted me and you." I flip my hair and exhale out. "I don't want to be a distraction and we work better alone."

"Rose, where are we going to go? You don't want to go back with Mom and Dad and you're not going to stay here, so where?" He asked holding his hands arms out and looking around.

"I am going to go and kill every one of them out there."

"What?" I turn around and Clint and Kyle are standing with a blank expression on their face.